No announcement yet.

The NRA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too hate what the NRA has become but we still need all the firepower we can get to keep these liberal anti 2nd in check. I'm a lifer but no longer give them any $$$ and never will unless the organization is cleaned up and sanitized. NRA badly needs another Charlton Heston but that will never happen. He was one of a kind.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
      Not one Pro 2A organization has the clout the NRA has in Washington.
      Have you ever heard the left say anything about the GOA? Or the Texas Rifle Association? You have to understand there is strength in numbers.

Lets put it like this...Your wife...Do you love EVERYTHING about her? Chances are you don't. Does not mean you are not happy. So what are you gonna do? Nothing, you accept the what you don't like and move on. But where you going? Nowhere. Shes your wife.
      The NRA...do you love EVERYTHING about them? NO... But where are you going?
      There needs to be a concerted voice. Who screams louder? A few thousand or a few million?

Very good take on the situation. We need a strong NRA or you soon won't be able to buy / sell a firearm on TBH. The slippery slope quickly gets worse from there. Without a strong NRA, how long will you be able to buy or even own an AR-15?

Join the NRA if you are not a member and write them a letter with your complaints. In fact, send your membership check in with your letter demanding change. I'm a life member and I'm making my opinion known that LaPiere needs to go. If just 10% of members do the same, he's toast.

Comment

I left them in the mid 90's and have never looked back. The rot is deep. I hope they get it figured out, or the GOA will use their shiftlessness as an opportunity to grow rapidly. Hum, may not be a horrible idea!

Comment

Have you ever heard the left say anything about the GOA? Or the Texas Rifle Association? You have to understand there is strength in numbers.

Lets put it like this...Your wife...Do you love EVERYTHING about her? Chances are you don't. Does not mean you are not happy. So what are you gonna do? Nothing, you accept the what you don't like and move on. But where you going? Nowhere. Shes your wife.
          There needs to be a concerted voice. Who screams louder? A few thousand or a few million?
          That’s a terrible analogy in a society with a 50% divorce rate. Half the population would trade the former in for a newer model with the same problems

Comment

No point in trying to argue with some of these folks.
            Most of them are about ready to jump off the Trump train over something he has not even done yet
            Hell war heroes are anti freedom at the moment...again over something that has not happened.

Comment

Join GOA and 2nd amendment foundation if you have issues with the NRA

I'm a life member of all 3. The more you join and get notifications from to contact your gov officials the better.

Comment

when the lib media and dems gripe about gun legislation getting shut down the only organization I hear them ridicule is the NRA.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  There's always the Texas State Rifle Association
                  You do realize this is the state chapter of the NRA?

Comment

As members of the NRA, we need to contact them and tell them to replace LaPierre and send a clear message that ethical indiscretions will not be tolerated.

Comment

Originally posted by treestand View Post
                      Very good take on the situation. We need a strong NRA or you soon won't be able to buy / sell a firearm on TBH. The slippery slope quickly gets worse from there. Without a strong NRA, how long will you be able to buy or even own an AR-15?

Join the NRA if you are not a member and write them a letter with your complaints. In fact, send your membership check in with your letter demanding change. I'm a life member and I'm making my opinion known that LaPiere needs to go. If just 10% of members do the same, he's toast.

Input carries a lot less weight when they already have your $$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Nicely put...I'm a Life Member and proud of it. I miss the Charlton Heston days, but I have not given up on the NRA. I make my opinions known to them on things I don't like and applaud on things I do like. Be active in your membership.

Comment

No longer a member. Group is no longer hunter focused. Would rather put my money and time towards groups that protect our public lands and our access to it. Any extra donations will go to RMEF and groups like that. I even considered the Sierra Club but their stance on hunting did not align with my world.

Comment

Since I began this thread I have received seven postal mailings to rejoin. All with incentives for a free magazine subscription, plus a pocket knife, jacket, hat or some other piece of flum. Emails are at seventeen with number eighteen arriving about 10 minutes ago. Thats my main gripe about this organization. Waste. Seriously does some free cheap trinket and magazine really entice you to join a serious defender of the second amendment? Constant mailings asking for more and more money while the financial indiscretions remain unaddressed?

Joined GOA last month. Still on the fence about the NRA. I really hope they will listen to their members and address these concerns. They need to get back to the basics. Defend the 2nd amendment, provide safety training and education, and promote marksmanship skills. And stop wasting money like drunk sailors. A nicely worded email expressing their concern over the recent revelations isn't enough. Haven't seen or heard of any action they have taken. I'm not sure they really understand just how serious the negative perception has become among supporters.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                              If you own a firearm and are not an NRA member you are part of the problem.

It's not going anywhere so join up.

I figured all their crossbow shooters were picking up the slack. what's wrong, it didn't work out?

Comment

I'm still a lifetime member, but I do not donate as much as I used to. I primarily donate to GOA. I feel they are way more in touch with the average gun owner in this country.

Comment

Working...
                                X