No announcement yet.

From glove to tab...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't view it as an either-or issue. I switch back to a tab periodically. Seems to help me keep a good clean, surprise release. For me at least I get too used to one or the other, and I can start plucking the string or get a little target panic. Great to be proficient with both, and switch periodically to check your release.

Do like the glove for hunting up here. Have full hand glove with finger patches that is awfully nice for cold mornings and evenings during elk season. Tabs are great for spring and early fall hunting, but not a fan of having to keep my hand in my pocket when it gets a little colder.

Comment

Originally posted by Skunklady View Post
      In the process of changing to a tab. Having a difficult time getting comfortable with it. Slaps my face. Pain in fingers. Fingers then go numb, tingle, ugh! But I'm going to keep trying. On the 3rd day. Definately can't see an improvement in shooting...yet.
      This...slaps my face every time. This is why I dont use one. Looks like I've be in a fist fight.

Comment

The hardest part of learning to shoot with a tab is convincing yourself to trim the darn thing.

Comment

I made the switch the other way but I'm getting tired of my glove. Got a Fred Eichler tab so hopefully I acquire some of those skills. Keep practicing and you'll wonder why switch.

Comment

From glove to tab...

When I first started shooting trad I tried 3 different gloves (good ones too) and never really fell in love with one. I then decided to switch to a split finger tab. I liked it a LOT better but it did hit the side of my lip. I trimmed it and problem solved! I found the Eagle Flight Archery tab to be the best one for the money in a leather tab and I love the O-ring design for your finger.

Shot it for a while and then Bisch turned me on to the Saunders Pak Tab. Again, it took some trimming but I really liked it. Very customizable, especially if your fingers go numb because you can add layers. You basically can make it as thick or thin as you want it, plus it's waterproof and cheap!

Just recently I switched to gap shooting and 3 under. I ordered the new Pak Tab in 3 Under. It again took some trimming (actually a lot of trimming) and I also cut off the original finger loop and added my own O-ring, so it is not a stock tab anymore, but I am REALLY happy with this one now!

My groups have never been better and the tab is very easy to shoot.

I posted this on another thread, but here are some pics...

Last edited by jpbruni; 04-07-2014, 09:41 PM.

Comment

I like your finger loop JP. I might have to give one of these a try.

Matt

Comment

Tab is the way to go

Comment

I like my tab

Comment

Originally posted by Trick View Post
                    I like your finger loop JP. I might have to give one of these a try.

Matt
                    Yeah Matt, the best thing about the O-ring system is that you can change them out ( I bought a variety of sizes at Lowes) to the exact size you need. Let's say I was going to wear a medium weight glove while hunting (not a shooting glove, but for warmth), I could swap the O-ring out for a really large one and it would fit over my gloved finger.

It's also really nice to be able to flip the tab around and out of the way when you are not shooting so your hand is free to pull arrows and such. The O-ring is less "floppy" than the stock finger loop that comes on the Pak Tab, that's why I cut it off.
                    Last edited by jpbruni; 04-08-2014, 08:42 AM.

Comment

I shot 65 points better w a tab at canyon lake this past week end
                      Last edited by BowBuddy; 04-08-2014, 09:38 AM.

Comment

I switched to a tab and have been shooting The Rod Jenkins Signature tab. It took a while to get comfortable but I think I am more consistent.

Comment

I wear a extra large glove, so I tired a large tab. it was ok, but just not right, so I switched back to my glove.
                          One day my glove decided to hide from me when I got to the range, I looked everywhere, and asked my shooting partner if he had a extra tab.
                          he said all I have is a med tab, so with some work I got my finger in the tab hole.
                          What a wild surprise! I could feel my finger tip in the corner of my mouth and it was like shooting with bare fingers without the pain.

So try a tab smaller than you shoot, it'll cover your deep hook but leave the finger tip exposed for a positive anchor point.

Comment

Working...
                          X