Creating Funnels and Bedding Areas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating Funnels and Bedding Areas

Question. I am currently on a deer lease owned by a timber company. I just moved spots on the lease and want to create some funnels and bedding areas. I have scouted the area and know exactly what I want to do. Now keep in mind this is timber company property that harvests the pine trees. Is it legal for me to hinge cut oak trees (NOT PINE) for funneling and bedding areas. Anybody have any knowledge with this before I start cutting away.

Why would you even cut an oak tree on a pine plantation? If anything why not create you some food plots?

Comment

I agree on the not cutting of a precious oak on timber land. I'm sure there's a few other non hardwood trees in the bottom land that could be hinged.

I agree with the food plots as you guys get really good rain in that country. You may think about Egyptian wheat as a funnel or bedding plot. It's also good to provide privacy from a road.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumpy View Post
        Why would you even cut an oak tree on a pine plantation? If anything why not create you some food plots?
        I understand what you’re saying and I was just making an example. I simply just wanted to know if this is legal or not to hinge cut OTHER trees besides pines with it being owned by a timber company.

Comment

It has been several years since I managed a lease in the east tx area. At the time it clearly stated no cutting trees or nailing into any of the trees in the contract that was signed. But?

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
            It has been several years since I managed a lease in the east tx area. At the time it clearly stated no cutting trees or nailing into any of the trees in the contract that was signed. But?
            see this is what I would have figured. looks like I am going the food plot route.

Comment

I think I would be asking the timber company these questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Setxbowhunter58 View Post
                see this is what I would have figured. looks like I am going the food plot route.
                You can create manmade funnels with that 6ft poly fence materials.

Comment

Working...
                X