Official Davy Crockett 2015-2016 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
    I believe it was 3rd weekend of archery. Towards the end of October.
    Sweet. I have yet to get a buck with my bow but I've got a good spot for the upcoming season so we will see

Comment

Checked cams, why can't every buck pose like this?

Comment

Originally posted by Boone44 View Post
        Checked cams, why can't every buck pose like this?

Wow! Beautiful buck.

Comment

Comment

Comment

I sure wish they all posed like this one did!

Comment

Thanks. Having fun with the cams. Getting some pics of some nice ones this year.

Comment

That is why I love dcnf. Extremely healthy deer. Great pictures.

Comment

Boone you've picked some great spots to hang cams this year. I hope you get to see these deer this season.

What's amazing to me is that deer looks only a couple of years old. I'm no pro at aging deer, but that looks like a wet-year 2 yo. Very healthy.

Looking forward to what ambles by next

Comment

I'm getting lucky. I said the same thing to a friend, can't wait to see a mature buck. When they start working scrapes hopefully I will get some cam shots. These are some impressive young bucks though!

Comment

New member here. I didn't even know about this site till a few days ago. there's a lot of good info here. I haven't been to DC in about 25 years but these threads have got me wanting to go back. My question is do most of you guys hunt in just the forest or on the WMA? I'm planning on looking around in both but i'll probably hunt in the WMA. I used to see quit a few deer when I hunted it, but it's been so long I don't even remember where I was. What I would really like is to get away from the areas with the most hunters. I know that may not be very likely during the gun season but maybe during bow or muzzy season. Anyway I've rambled enough, good luck out there and if you see a blue 4 door suburban out there with a cracked front window that's me stop and say hi, wouldn't mind meeting some of you.

Comment

I'm getting lucky. I said the same thing to a friend, can't wait to see a mature buck. When they start working scrapes hopefully I will get some cam shots. These are some impressive young bucks though!
                          No doubt. I'm just as impressed by the fact that the surrounding woods look like a normal human being could actually traverse through them.

Comment

Boone how old do you think that buck is? In the first picture he almost looks 2.5. The third picture makes me think 3.5. Regardless he's a young buck and definitely needs another year or two to maximize his full potential.

Comment

I'm thinking the same as you are on his age. 3 1/2 at the most. The woods do look clear there. Just behind there is a large thicket.

Comment

Originally posted by woolyhogtail View Post
                                New member here. I didn't even know about this site till a few days ago. there's a lot of good info here. I haven't been to DC in about 25 years but these threads have got me wanting to go back. My question is do most of you guys hunt in just the forest or on the WMA? I'm planning on looking around in both but i'll probably hunt in the WMA. I used to see quit a few deer when I hunted it, but it's been so long I don't even remember where I was. What I would really like is to get away from the areas with the most hunters. I know that may not be very likely during the gun season but maybe during bow or muzzy season. Anyway I've rambled enough, good luck out there and if you see a blue 4 door suburban out there with a cracked front window that's me stop and say hi, wouldn't mind meeting some of you.
                                Welcome!

I generally hunt the NF only since I'm traveling 3 hrs. from DFW.

Comment

Working...
                                X