No announcement yet.

Video of My 178 6/8 Robertson Co.Typical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very, very nice. I think you could fit a keg between those antlers. Congrats

Comment

Amazing buck, way to stick it out

Comment

Dreams come true! I've hunting north of Bryan and 99/100 hunts not seen a deer so that's a Trophy that outshines anything anyone on TV has ever taken... Not to bash the "pros" but when you hunt a "farm" that's got buck after buck that are two and three year old that are already 170's and get to watch them year after year and wait for them to be 5 and shoot them at the same part of the field they've watched them for years it's not that big of an accomplishment.

Anyway I'm still in somewhat of disbelief this was in Robertson county without being in a high fence so for it to have not been is AWESOME! Makes me think he escaped one, lol. Hopefully he had his way with some does before you got him!

Comment

Google searching trying to see if you made a record book for the county.... found this video where there's a ranch in Robertson county another hunter got a 184 7/8 back in 2008... couldn't find a website for the ranch, was curious if it was a high fence and near your 100 acres?

whitetail deer in Robertson County on the Corson Ranch with a net score of 184 7/8.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhjd5fqF9qI"]Donald Starks' 2008 Texas Slam Award Winners - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

A great buck that was well deserved!!!

Comment

That is a monster deer.

Comment

Originally posted by bjsexpress View Post
                Dreams come true! I've hunting north of Bryan and 99/100 hunts not seen a deer so that's a Trophy that outshines anything anyone on TV has ever taken... Not to bash the "pros" but when you hunt a "farm" that's got buck after buck that are two and three year old that are already 170's and get to watch them year after year and wait for them to be 5 and shoot them at the same part of the field they've watched them for years it's not that big of an accomplishment.

Anyway I'm still in somewhat of disbelief this was in Robertson county without being in a high fence so for it to have not been is AWESOME! Makes me think he escaped one, lol. Hopefully he had his way with some does before you got him!
                Everyone says he must have escaped but the closest high fence is at least 20 miles away lol so i don't think so. I know he had his way with some does because I saw some little bucks that look just like him.... but the neighbors shot them all at 2 years old unfortunately.

Oh and btw, you can watch this one on tv too! I'm on the prostaff for a show. Just check out out closingthedistance.com if you want to see the dates it shows again.

Comment

nice

Comment

What a deer congrats

Comment

great video... even greater buck!

Comment

what a stud

Comment

great buck. your story gives me hope that I will eventually see a good buck on our small farm. we pass up young bucks and I have been getting some night pictures of a really nice young ten for a few years.

hopefully he will live and pass on some genes even if i never get to shoot him.

congrats on accomplishing the near impposible!

Comment

Great buck. He's a stud.

Comment

Wow nice monster

Comment

Originally posted by noflyzone View Post
                                great buck. your story gives me hope that I will eventually see a good buck on our small farm. we pass up young bucks and I have been getting some night pictures of a really nice young ten for a few years.

hopefully he will live and pass on some genes even if i never get to shoot him.

congrats on accomplishing the near impposible!
                                Thanks guys! Good luck to you all this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X