How old?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How old?

Let the guesses start. Pics were taken in late Dec to early Jan. Refugio county.

Looks young, like 2 or 3

Comment

3.5 - 4.5

Comment

Comment

2.5 to 3.5 IMO.

Comment

Looks 3.5 to me, nice buck

Comment

I do not think the deer is as young as he appears. The dark black hocks with staining down the leg indicates an older deer. I think his body just looks very slim because he is run down from chasing does. Deer always appear older post rut.

Comment

I know he wouldnt make it another year!!!!! Nice buck!!

Comment

6.5 and probably older.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by freerhunter16 View Post
                      I do not think the deer is as young as he appears. The dark black hocks with staining down the leg indicates an older deer. I think his body just looks very slim because he is run down from chasing does. Deer always appear older post rut.
                      Sorry, meant deer appear younger post rut. Not older. I think the deer is probably 5.5

Comment

Originally posted by freerhunter16 View Post
                        Yes the dark hooks are definitely the sign of a mature buck. A four year old will not have that dark a stain and it runs all the way to the hoof. I think you may have meant to say that deer always appear younger post rut.

Comment

I would say 3.5

Comment

Yes I did mean to say deer appear younger post rut. Just a typo! Lol

Comment

5.5, hock stain shows him to be older even though he has a slim younger looking body

Comment

Working...
                              X