Future Knife Handle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Casey View Post
    I reached out to Mr Conner to see if he can do some scrimshaw on a couple cow bone scaled Buck 110s for me. I hope the price and timing are right.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    He's not cheap he's just good. He gets some many orders, he gets cases of pocket knives from several knife production companies.

Comment

Guessing whatever you do it will be great. Enjoy looking at your work.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
        How durable is a piece of scrimshaw? Will it last or is it pretty delicate? Never really messed with it before. Beautiful knife.
        Most scrim will last a life time, it is finely scratched because of all the detail; It is pretty delicate, I keep it bandaged up when I'm working on the knife. I'm pretty that whoever buys this knife is not going to spend that much money for it and take it into the woods.
        Thanks: it is beautiful. I was just blessed to have been about to round up this material. I'll be making more of this quality knife in the future and on occasion I'll still make and what I call economy knives, I sell those for under 200 bucks.

Comment

Very interesting!

Originally posted by Bjankowski View Post
          Two inch steel cable forged into a billet. Makes a killer pattern and plenty of carbon to make a good blade. I have the blade made, I just have to heat treat it. I decided on Alabama Damascus fighting bowie.
          THANKS for the explanation. Beautiful blade!

Comment

Beautiful knife!

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

That’s really pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjankowski View Post
                  My buddy Charles Conner in Oklahoma sent me this Sanbar Stag horn. Charles is one of the best Scrimshaw Artist in the world, I'm blessed to have him for a good friend. I'm not sure what kind of blade I'll be putting on it. Most of the knives I've been making lately I'm holding back to put in the Lone Star Gun and Knife show in Ft. Worth March 10th. If I decide to do it, I've done enough shows in my life, back in the early 80's I did four a year.

[ATTACH]891838[/ATTACH]
                  That's very impressive scrimshaw work. What did he use to color it?

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                    Here's a picture with some ink in the back ground; hope this helps.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	23380320_1894378987541082_7249610975311409902_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	24527159

Comment

Beautiful handle material

Comment

Originally posted by gdawg View Post
                        Beautiful handle material
                        Thanks brother handle came from Ray Kirk (Forged In Fire) participant scrim Charles Conner, and I was just blessed to have them both as friends. The handle is Sanbar Stag from India.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                          I know I answered you but, these are the vibrant colors associated with that paint.

Click image for larger version

Name:	php2SgUX3AM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	24527166

Comment

Working...
                          X