No announcement yet.

Laguna Atascosa 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heading out Thursday morning. Very much looking forward to this hunt and to meeting some new tbh faces.

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
      Heading out Thursday morning. Very much looking forward to this hunt and to meeting some new tbh faces.
      Thursday can't get here soon enough!!!!! Be there around lunchtime.

Comment

Rolling out Wednesday!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
          Rolling out Wednesday!

Good luck to all of you hunting the first hunt! Keep us posted.

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Comment

I emailed Lori at the address in the post above last Thursday, but haven't received a response. Any other recommendations? I'll be there at the end of December. I plan on hunting all day so only need a place to lay my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TradAg02 View Post
              I emailed Lori at the address in the post above last Thursday, but haven't received a response. Any other recommendations? I'll be there at the end of December. I plan on hunting all day so only need a place to lay my head.

I'd give her a call 956-943-567. You may try Airbnb, don't exclude SPI or Port Isabel, those will be the most likely locations to have hosts, just a few minutes further.

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
                I'd give her a call 956-943-567. You may try Airbnb, don't exclude SPI or Port Isabel, those will be the most likely locations to have hosts, just a few minutes further.

Thanks

Comment

Fyi, just got off the phone with a young lady at the refuge and she informed me that they now have fallow deer on the refuge and we will be allowed to kill them as well although she is unsure of how many are around. She also said we can scout on Thursday before the orientation. She was very friendly and helpful unlike reports I've heard of their staff not liking hunters.

Comment

Interesting that there would be fallow down there, is there a game ranch nearby they may have escaped from?

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
                      Fyi, just got off the phone with a young lady at the refuge and she informed me that they now have fallow deer on the refuge and we will be allowed to kill them as well although she is unsure of how many are around. She also said we can scout on Thursday before the orientation. She was very friendly and helpful unlike reports I've heard of their staff not liking hunters.

That'd be cool. If they don't say so at orientation, I will ask...

Comment

What camo pattern are y'all using? Seems like yellows, light green?

Comment

Originally posted by JasonS View Post
                          RealTree MAX-1 XT & RealTree Xtra.

FrogToggs or rain gear is smart to bring. I wear rain pants just for the wall in during the mornings, if there is any dew or moisture on vegetation you'll have your bottom half soaking wet in no time, and more than likely get chilled.

Comment

I’m using Mossy Oak “Brush” and Firstlite Cipher. The Brush is my favorite.

Comment

Will be out doing some field testing. Noble Savage Raptor.

Comment

Does anyone know what time we can start scouting tomorrow?

Comment

Working...
                                X