Originally posted by G Posik View Post
    Superstition Longbows and a couplecouple
    Huh???????

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
      Huh???????

Bisch

Was trying delete something using Taparalk and hit the dang send by accident.

Glenn

Comment

Everyone already knows how great Sarrels longbows are so I'm just gonna say the new Sarrels Ridgecat Recurve is awesome.I've shot lots of different recurves and this one is dead in hand and dead quiet.In fact its quieter than my longbows! Thanks Bob and Zach for the great bows and personalized service you put into every bow.

Comment

I don't know how they shoot, but they are sure good looking bows. Bob is a top notch guys also. I just had the pleasure of sharing a camp with him. He told me that he had a recurve just for me...but he didn't bring it. USPS may be in order...

Arkie

Comment

Were do I start. I purchased my first longbow for Bob at a shoot in Salado Texas when he first started making bows. It's a Sierra My second sarrells bow is a Teton that I inherited from my dad when he passed away. The next sarrells bow is a blue ridge sr that I spent $25 dollars on raffle tickets at a shoot in Austin and won the bow. The last bow I got at the weaver shoot and I can tell you there is nothing that I have ever put in my hand feels as good or shoots as good as any if my sarrels bows. They are top notch folks and make a great product. I recommend them to anyone looking for a custom bow.

Comment

Zak asked that we put our photos on this thread. He's having issues getting pics from emails.

Click image for larger version

Name:	153k.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	153.2 KB
ID:	24288609

Name:	3M.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	167.4 KB
ID:	24288610

Name:	DSC01936.JPG
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	24288611

Name:	200.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	145.8 KB
ID:	24288612

Name:	DSC01845.JPG
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	24288613

Name:	DSC01842.JPG
Size:	149.6 KB
ID:	24288614

Name:	DSC02000.JPG
Size:	150.1 KB
ID:	24288615

Name:	DSC01675.JPG
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	24288616

Name:	DSC01846.JPG
Size:	146.2 KB
ID:	24288617

Name:	DSC02045 - Copy.JPG
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	24288618

Name:	photo.JPG
Size:	145.9 KB
ID:	24288619

Name:	spot.JPG
Size:	189.2 KB
ID:	24288620

Comment

My First Sarrels Custom Bow

It's been about a year since I've last posted. Bought a Samick Sage Recurve as my first intro. bow. LH #35 limbs and focused on the basics and form. Pretty much what many of you had recommended for a beginner. Moved up to #50 and got hooked. All this time reading posts about custom bows and who makes them. I'm in Austin, TX and read all the good things about Bob. I also wanted to support a local bowyer. Bob and Zach are really great people. Spent time talking to me about my needs and shot all his left handed bows. I wanted a bow for hunting and some 3D, which I now hope to do more of. I chose his Ridgecatt Recurve for him to make for me. Wow! Fast, smooth, and the 53#@28 draws so smooth it feels much lighter than the actual draw weight. Bambo limbs with black glass face and back and I forgot the wood name for the riser. My grandson is LH and will pass this down to him some day. Bob is also making me some hunting and target arrows for my bow. When I picked up my bow he had me put some arrows in some hay. He didn't like the flight and asked me if I would let him order a heavier arrow for my bow. He wanted them flying perfect off this bow. Great service and I've been shooting arrows I have every chance I get. Here are some pictures. Thanks Bob! All my bows will be made by Bob and Zach in the future. - Ernest
                Working on getting pictures from album.

Comment

I met Bob in 2004 and purchased my first longbow from him. He has become one of my closest friends in life,built me I don't know how many bows. Hunted and fished with him ,heard probably a thousand jokes from him. Did a trade with Zachary and him a selfbow for a fine three piece long bow that is going to Africa with me. His bows are as good as they come and so is his and Zach's character ,unmatched. I can't say enough about Sarrels Archery. Arvin
                  Last edited by Selfbowman; 07-31-2014, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Here is a pic of some of the buckles Deb won with one of his recurves. Ya she likes it.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Selfbowman View Post
                      Here is a pic of some of the buckles Deb won with one of his recurves. Ya she likes it.
                      Some of those buckles were won with longbows, too. All Sarrels. You can spend more money but you can't buy a better bow.

Comment

Over 15 years of trying to kill a P&Y buck with a compound, and my sarrels got it done the first year

Comment

I could go on and on about the quality materials and the craftsmanship Bob and Zack put into their bows. I could say a lot of good things about the experience of shopping in Bob's back yard and how helpful they both are. But I think I will just say I've bought 12 so far, that about covers it.

Comment

Where do I start? I met Bob at a 3D shoot in Fredricksburg many years ago. I was shooting an old compound (with fingers and no release aid) at the time. Bob was only making the Sierra longbows at that time and introduced me to one. Not too long after that I bought a used Sierra from an acquaintance of mine and I was hooked. Since then I have bought more Sarrels bows than I can count, both longbows and recurves. I've owned and/or shot a number of other brands of bows as well but my Sarrels bows are always my "go-to" traditional bows.
                            Over the years Bob has become one of my best friends. (I even wrote a song about him). His customer service is top notch and his (and Zack's) bows are as good as it gets, especially for the price.
                            All but one of my traditional archery animal harvests have been with Sarrels bows. I don't take as many pictures as Bisch but I'll try to find a couple to post whenever I get my computer back up. (Don't know how to do it with my phone).

Comment

Aloha Ya All

A couple years ago, I had the pleasure of a hunting trip to Texas. I had spoken with Bob on TBH a few times. He being the gentleman that he is, Invited me to stop by the shop for a visit. What a great way to spend the day. I'd ask a question and then just sit and listen, compared how I do things being a "once in a while" builder to a production shop like he has.

I shot his own personal favorite hunting Longbow, true to every story I have heard, it was a great shooter, very consistent, east to shoot, very repeatable grip. Just a pleasure to shoot.
                              As the day went on, I kept noticing the handle shape. I just flat out liked the shape of the riser, short, well balanced and easy to handle.
                              I walked back into the shop and said, Ok Bob, tell me price that I can't refuse !

He looked at me and the silence was deafening. He knew the look in my eyes, he knew, I was serious. He said for you Mark, it'll be this much. I smiled and pulled out the wallet. He quickly followed up with, the quiver isn't included now !! I laughed and said no problem.

After a fabulous dinner by his wife, he said stay the night and leave tomorrow all rested, If she cooks like that for dinner, breakfast must be even better ! I accepted.

The next day I packed up and headed south to visit another friend for a few days.
                              One the way back to the Austin airport, I again swung by as Bob had reached a Milestone!
                              He had build his 1,000 bow while I was down south, it was a even more special bow.

Bob handed it to me (like I was some expert) it was a thing of beauty. He handed me 3 of his hunting kill sticks and I felt a sense of privilege to shoot such a special bow.

I stepped to the 20 yard line, spied a speck and sent a arrow directly to the spot, then another, then another, this bow was awesome. I had just grouped 3 arrows the size of a golf ball into the deer target at 20 yards !!
                              As I strutted (yeah, I did) to get the arrows I was smiling thinking what a great bow,
                              As the thought was leaving I turned to see Bob at a fast pace with the bow heading back to the shop.... that was all she wrote. He said Your not getting this one !!!

What a great compliment about shooting a great bow.

If you ever want to get a custom bow, You can't go wrong with Sarrels Archery.
                              The Craftsmanship stands on it's own. You won't be sorry!

Hey Bob, I was thinkin... ahhh.. Never mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Greywolf in Hawaii View Post
                                I'd ask a question and then just sit and listen, compared how I do things being a "once in a while" builder to a production shop like he has.
                                I wish I could've been a fly on the wall during that conversation.

Comment

Working...
                                X