Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Testimonials for Sarrels bows

Hey folks, would like a great favor.

If you own or have owned one our bows I would ask if you would post any testimonials about your feelings about our bows and perhaps add any photos you might have.

Zach is starting a new page on our site and asked for this. It will all be posted on the new site.

Thanks, Bob

I have two Sarrels bows and at one time I think I had five. Just buying this many of them speaks of how much I like them. I have shot several brands and owned several other bows over the years, but these are some of the best bows around. Everyone that I have started in the traditional shooting, now owns a Sarrels bow.

Comment

Sarrels bows twice the bow at almost 1/2 the price!
      Last edited by ShaBow; 02-10-2014, 04:42 PM.

Comment

I use it to shoot right next to all my other bows, its a great 3D bow and good for hunting. I went to pick up a Foothills for my 11yo son and Bob asked me to try the adult version of that bow and I was impressed with the Blackhills model and its shootability, I was hitting right where I was looking and its a longbow with no handshock. My BlackHills model is 45# and 58" long, it handles heavy arrows real well.
        Great Job Bob!!!
        Paul M.
        San Antonio Texas

Comment

Greatness.........will add some contributions as well Bob!

Comment

***Bob, I have difficulty being succinct, so feel free to use as much of this as you want and edit anything out however you see fit.***

I saw my first Sarrels bow several years ago at Archery Country in Austin. It was a longbow with an unusually long riser, and I was curious about it. The store let me shoot it, and I was really impressed with how there was absolutely no hand shock at all. Unfortunately, I was a starving college student at the time and couldn't afford to buy one, but it made me want to experiment with longer risers in my own bows in hopes of getting the same performance.

Fast forward to 2012, and I was no longer a starving college student. I called Bob, expressed interest in his bows, and he invited me out. I expected that since I made bows, and Bob did it for a living, that he might be reluctant to share a lot of information with me, and I didn't ask. But when I got there, I found him to be very open and generous with information. He'd ask me how I did something, then show me how he did it.

I told him about having shot that longbow a long time ago and what I liked about it. By this time, he had several different models that he didn't have back then, and one by one, he'd put a bow in my hand and say, "Try this!" I shot lots of bows that day and was leaning toward getting a recurve.

I was so impressed, not only with Bob's bows, but with Bob himself, that I decided to go all out and commission him to make me a custom bow, sparing no expense. I settled on a Puma take down recurve with a cocobola riser and myrtle limbs. He showed me some of the myrtle wood he had as well as some other options, like Asian satinwood. We finally went with the Asian satinwood.

When the bow was finally done, and I went to pick it up, I was blown away. I had what I thought was a clear picture in my head of how it would look, but I was not prepared for the stunner he showed me, and I could hardly believe it was mine. It is the most beautiful bow I've ever owned, and it's a wonderful shooter. It has everything you could possibly want--it feels good, it has a smooth draw, it's quiet, and it's fast. The only problem with it is that it's so beautiful, I sometimes catch myself looking at the bow instead of the target when I shoot.

Saying it's a beautiful bow is one thing, but proving it is another. Here is the proof.

Although performance matters a lot to me, I am a sucker for beautiful bows. I got my new Puma in January of 2013. That summer, I went to visit Bob again, and he had a beautiful Lynx with waterfall bubinga limbs and a riser made out of cocobola with some of the sap wood. He told me about how he considered cutting the sap wood out but decided to keep it in. He made the right decision because the contrast was just stunning.

He had finger grooves in the riser which I don't ordinarily like, but he let me shoot it, and it fit my hand perfectly. Of all the bows I shot that day, it seemed to be the best performer. Of course that may all be psychosomatic. Like I said, I'm a sucker for beautiful bows. I couldn't afford the bow that day and wasn't sure I really needed another one anyway, but I went home hoping nobody else would buy it.

It wasn't until November that I could afford it, and by then I had made up my mind that I had to have it. So I called Bob (pbuh) to see if he still had it, and he did. So I went over there and got it. I love showing these bows off to people who come over. Here's the Lynx:

Comment

^^^A link to the lynx. Ha! I made a funny!

Comment

Hi Bob,
                I got my Sarrels Blueridge from Matt (Trick) here on TBH and am amazed with the workmanship and feel of this bow.
                After seeing some of those bows you brought down with you this weekend, I'm going to have to put some stuff in the classified to get me of those that you brought with you to shoot and I appreciate you allowing me to shoot them also.
                It was truly a pleasure to have you down here.

Comment

I own three Bob Sarrels longbows. I've owned a lot of different bows over the years and I rate Bob's with the very best. With my extra long draw, the right design, workmanship & materials are crucial to the bow's survival. I have destroyed many bows with the demands I put on them, but never one of Bob's. Here's a 66" Superstition that's gone way past the required 5000 shots to pass The Gorilla Test with no damage at full draw. The arrow is an uncut 33" shaft. You can TRUST a Sarrels Archery longbow.
                  Attached Files

Comment

"What it lacks in speed , it makes up in hand shock"

I'm sorry, I have been waiting to use that line ever since I heard you say it

Comment

Well Bob, I keep buying them!

Comment

"It ain't the bow it's the monkey pulling the string back"

Comment

I'm on it.... Tell Zach to keep an eye out for my testimony and harvest pics....

Comment

My first traditional bow was a used original Mountain Longbow Sierra. That bow introduced me to traditional archery and to the great Sarrels family. I passed that bow on to a good friend starting his traditional archery journey and bought a Blueridge SR. My son owns a lil Newt and my nephew got a Sprout this Christmas. You could say I like a Sarrels bow.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                              "What it lacks in speed , it makes up in hand shock"

I'm sorry, I have been waiting to use that line ever since I heard you say it
                              Neither accurate, nor true!

Well, I have owned plenty of Sarrels bows over the years, and my go-to bow right now is my Sarrels Blueridge takedown longbow. All of my Sarrels bows have been plenty fast and had no noticeable hand shock. Bob is a great guy and makes a great line of traditional bows. All of his different designs means that there will most likely be a bow to fit just about anyone! I have owned other bows throughout my time in traditional archery, but I always seem to pick up one of my Sarrels bows when it is time to go hunting. That says it all about how I feel about Sarrels bows!

Jerry Bischoffberger (aka "Bisch")

Here are a few pics of critters I have shot with a Sarrels bow!

Click image for larger version

Name:	2-22-13 Sow4.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	172.4 KB
ID:	24285811

Name:	7-27-13 Catalina Goat (12).JPG
Views:	1
Size:	193.8 KB
ID:	24285812

Name:	3-20-13 Bearded Hen (8).JPG
Size:	236.4 KB
ID:	24285813

Name:	12-3-13 Little Boar 00002.JPG
Size:	161.6 KB
ID:	24285814

Name:	11-6-13 Hen 00004.JPG
Size:	258.9 KB
ID:	24285815

Name:	1-3-14 Doe 00022.JPG
Size:	192.2 KB
ID:	24285816

Name:	11-08 10 point 006.jpg
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	24285817

Name:	11-08 Javelina 007.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	24285818

Name:	Kudu 5.jpg
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	24285819

Bisch
                              Last edited by Bisch; 02-11-2014, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X