No announcement yet.

Inheritance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got a life insurance policy that goes to my wife/daughter. If I live long enough to die of old age I plan on my last check bouncing. I've set my daughter up with college (GI Bill/savings accounts/college fund) and as an AFR recruiter I'm hoping to swing her towards the military for some added life-long benefits.

Speaking of going out in debt. When my grandfather passed away years ago he and grandmother had been saving $$ like it was.... well.... $$ I guess. Anyway when he kicked off gram had a lot of loot stored up and when she asked me what she should do with it my response was "Spend it! Go have some fun and live a little." After she died we were getting her financial affairs all in order and received a rather humorous shock. Gram had paid for all of her own funeral arrangements so we'd not have to worry about that. The shock was that she hit the dirt $400,000 in debt! She'd spent every last dime they saved over years and years and then took out a reverse mortgage on the lake house and spent that too. Sure hurt to lose that house on Lake Placid since we'd been there since the spring of 72 but man did she have a blast in her last few years.

God bless and happy hunting.
    Richard.

Comment

Comment

Same way I feel. They earned it, they deserve to enjoy it. I'll earn my own way...

Comment

Originally posted by 41Chevy View Post
          Love it!!!

Comment

I look at it kind of differently.

My family isn't originally from Texas. I didn't move here until I was 9. I've always envied my friends that have land and property all over the place here, so I want to plant that seed for my family and leave them a bunch of it. Spend enough time out there that they want to keep it when I bite the bullet.

Comment

I'd also point out that I've made my parents a truckload of money, so they sure as h-e-doublehockeysticks better have a little left as a tip out.

Comment

I'm planning on my last check bouncing also. I didn't help my parents earn any thing they have so I don't have any claims to it. My kids aren't going to work for me every day so as far as I'm concerned they have no claims to anything I've made either.

Comment

My goal is to leave my kids a business. They can make their own money or just sell it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been broke, and I dang sure don't plan on checking out of here broke. Mine will have a good amount of stuff because I plan on having it as long as Im here. I hope I can leave millions in cash, thermal scopes, safe room of suppressors and awsome guns, enough tools to fix most anything, land to hunt.....I LOVE MY TOYS

Comment

I want to leave here knowing that my family/name will be far better off. Hopefully I can teach my daughter(and maybe a future kid) to have a mindset that is alike, be successful, and the generations thereafter will continue to add/build to the inheritance.

Comment

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
                        Won't bother me a bit if my parents spend every dime before they pass. It's theirs, they earned it, they raised us they should enjoy their spoils.

Comment

Buddy of mine and me were just talking about this yesterday. I think land is the best way to go and like BitBackShot said spend enough time on it with them so they will appreciate it and wont sell it. I was fortunate enough to inherit some land that has been passed down for 3 generations. Grew up hunting on it and still remember my last walk along the creek with my grandpa. I wouldn't accept 10 million for it. It's not for sale.

Comment

My dad tells me all the time he hopes all of his kids have an inheritance. I reply to him that his goal should be to die spending all his money enjoying life with us and his grandkids. That being said I understand his desire to leave some behind to help his family.

My thoughts are that my parents gave us the perfect opportunity and support to be successful. My sister and I have good careers that set us up for a comfortable living. Our parents have done more than enough without leaving anything behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Steady_Hand View Post
                              I want to leave here knowing that my family/name will be far better off. Hopefully I can teach my daughter(and maybe a future kid) to have a mindset that is alike, be successful, and the generations thereafter will continue to add/build to the inheritance.
                              YES!

I feel the same but will also spend it how I want. But naturally I am a Dave Ramsey saver so I will naturally have money and inheritance to pass one.

It is their money....but alot of these people who say they won't leave anything are the same ones who weren't ever left anything, and are in debt now

Comment

I would like to leave my kids a place to hunt in the hill country.... ok that’s not exactly true. I would like a place to hunt in the hill country and my kids will inherit that when I die.

Comment

Working...
                                X