X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
    I just feel like she deserves more, but it has crossed my mind

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    She does deserve more. What dog looks forward to a trip to the vet.

Take her somewhere that hold fond memories, spend some quality time and give her a snack. Then turn the lights out. No fear suffering or anxiety. If you can't pull the trigger then someone who can for you.

To me we owe it to our pets no matter how hard it may be.

Mine won't be skaking and scared in the vests office, it will be in the back yard after a ride in the truck and a snack.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Call me a wimp but I couldn’t do it. I see human death all the time but something about my dog I just can’t take.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post

Take her somewhere that hold fond memories, spend some quality time and give her a snack. Then turn the lights out. No fear suffering or anxiety. If you can't pull the trigger then someone who can for you.

Mine won't be skaking and scared in the vests office, it will be in the back yard after a ride in the truck and a snack.

My thoughts exactly. I truly love my dog and she really is a great friend. To me, I owe it to her to take care of it myself if we are ever in this situation. Ride out to the farm, give her something good, end it. Something that personal won’t be pushed off onto someone else.

Comment

Thought tough decision. I’ve done both. Last dog went to the vet, about $150 or something close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry to hear this bud.

Comment

Our local county animal shelter charges $35.00.

Comment

Our vet came to my parents place and did the injection right there. No idea on the cost but more than $50 for a shot of poison seems steep.

Comment

Like others have said, take them out for a ride, give them their favorite treat. Spend some time giving them extra love. Cry your eyes out then take care of business, then cry some more. Don’t leave until you are ready. You get to spend their last moments with them alone and private. Can’t do that at the vet. Been there done that too many times. I’m not ashamed to say I cried

Comment

I used to shoot my moms animals when it was time. I told her I wasn’t doing it again so she stepped up to the plate the next time, and only once. The rest have gone to the vet.

Comment

Yea I've done it myself and won't ever do that again.

I just took my mother in laws dog in Sunday . Was 168 bucks . She was out of town and wouldn’t let me take care of it . If it was my dog I would done it myself.
                      Where? Doctor Wilfert in Edna? He charged me $50 bucks on my old Golden.

Comment

Well said. Have done this very thing for a friend.

Comment

I agree with this.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                            What does a .22lr bullet cost?

I hate to be callous, but that's what our dads would've done.
                            Disagree 100%. Sounds like a good friend that did his/her part and I would expect the same.
                            My dad attempted to put one down point blank with a 22 that didn’t work. He then had to climb under a truck to retrieve it and at that point it turned into total mess. He will tell you it’s not something he would want to do again.
                            Not something I would want on my watch and just doesn’t make since.

Comment

Sorry that the pup has met it’s time.

I’ve popped plenty of critters in the head and couldn’t imagine seeing my dog flop around or go limp doing it myself. Not man enough I guess.

Hopefully there’s a more reasonable cost local to you

Comment

Paid 45 last month for mine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X