Sitting @ H&R Block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
    My dad tells me that every year.........but we aint talking a little bit. Brand new loaded Toyota Tundra numbers, and it is getting old!!!
    No problem. Have paid in my share plus. Just hope S/S last until I'm 66.

Comment

Well kinda, they cap what you can get out of SS at 62 or so......right? I bypassed that amount in my early 40's but continued to pay into social security until I left the corporate world. Just a scam either way sadly!

I think they cap it annually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

.........and that is the argument I have with my dad!!!! This is insanity especially after I pay half of 33 other peoples social security as an employer. Just not a fair system at all.
        Not fair but we are on the same page. I've been paying 7.65% per employee for 30 years are so. Finally went on my on in 2014. No employees. Loving it.

Comment

15 years ago H&R Block did my Taxes. They messed up. I got audited. They, IRS, said I need them $1,500 plus penalties and interest.
          I was like NO WAY!
          I dug my taxes out and sure a shoot they took my rent x12x12. I was like darn it. Than I remembered in had bought that garuntee. I called the office. They was like I'm no sir
          I was like I'll see you in 5 minutes.
          In get there she calls the mgr. Mgr looks at the return and says hmm how'd we miss this. The cut me a check and amended my return.
          I did my own taxes til Obama Care took effect. I didn't have insurance and wanted them to do my returns.

She did is a comparison of a projected return with the new Trump Tax cuts. If nothing changes we're forecasted to get $610 return [emoji1303]
          Maybe I can finally buy a Krivoman or another Sniper Hawg Lite.

We're getting 401k @ work. In the best week or 2 that'll kick in. I'm doing 7%. Seeing how that affects my budget. Hoping to kick it to 10+% but that'll take away my hunting budget.
          Course since I can hunt 10 minutes from the house...

Comment

Sitting @ H&R Block

Well kinda, they cap what you can get out of SS at 62 or so......right? I bypassed that amount in my early 40's but continued to pay into social security until I left the corporate world. Just a scam either way sadly![emoji35]

From the google machine:

The maximum amount of earnings subject to the Social Security payroll tax will climb 7.3 percent in 2017 to $127,200—up by $8,700 from the $118,500 maximum for 2016 and 2015, the Social Security Administration (SSA) announced on Oct

I think this is for 2018

Social Security portion (6.2 percent) limited to the $128,700 taxable-maximum

Last edited by Black Ice; 03-24-2018, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
              No problem. Have paid in my share plus. Just hope S/S last until I'm 66.
              And that is the BIG question!!! I aint holding my breath and willing to bypass my payout if they let me out of the tax system. Just sad!
              Originally posted by doghouse View Post
              Not fair but we are on the same page. I've been paying 7.65% per employee for 30 years are so. Finally went on my on in 2014. No employees. Loving it.
              I truly wonder sometimes! Employees don't appreciate it either......just bizarre at best!
              Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
              From the google machine:

The maximum amount of earnings subject to the Social Security payroll tax will climb 7.3 percent in 2017 to $127,200—up by $8,700 from the $118,500 maximum for 2016 and 2015, the Social Security Administration (SSA) announced on Oct

I think this is for 2018

Social Security portion (6.2 percent) limited to the $128,700 taxable-maximum

You have done sooo much to make me feel good about all of this......!!! Such a money grab......Geez!!!

Comment

Using H&R Block was your first mistake.

Comment

Been using H&R Block for over 20 years with no problems. Using the same guy the whole time. They even helped us out the year someone else filed under my SS number. Have an appointment today.

Comment

Turbo Tax is amazing.

Comment

Turbo Tax is great. Ive used it for years.
                      I did use a CPA a few times, but I had rental property in Texas, lived in Louisiana (state tax). It was worth it to help figure depreciation on property, ect. Now I'm back to single income/and apartment life, so turbo tax all the way.

Ive used HR block software once, don't remember it being too bad. It just seems that on simple taxes forms, people pay a lot for some CPAs. With all the new programs, mathematical error is minimal, only human error in entering info.

Comment

I was having a good day, catching a few fish. Read this thread and got nauseated immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                          I was having a good day, catching a few fish. Read this thread and got nauseated immediately.
                          Yes sir, I have no idea why opened this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                            Lucky you.

I won’t be able to sit anywhere for a while after this year
                            Lol this made my day.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
                              I apologize but I am not giving you a sympathetic pat on the back.😊
                              One year closer to retirement.
                              Let’s call it two years closer .

Then the gubment took one back....

Hiho hiho, it’s back to work I go

Comment

Working...
                              X