Help. RV window needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help. RV window needed

My kids must have unlatched the escape window on my 5th wheel while camping in Galveston. On the way home down I-10, the lower half of the window flew off. A replacement is $300, but the shipping is another $300! $600 total for a window shipped to my house. Does anyone know of a place near Houston that has these? A short drive to save shipping would be great. Of course time is money, so if it is too far I will just have to bite the bullet. Thanks

Plywood cut to fit sounds like a good solution. Or maybe get some plexiglass and cut it. $300 for a stinkin camper window sounds like extortion.

Comment

I had to replace a skylight on our 5th a few years ago thanks to a bird close to Rockport. PPL in Houston was the best price I could find and it shipped quick.

Comment

I called PPL already. They don't have windows. Thanks.

And plywood is my temporary fix, but camper only 2 yrs old, can't keep leave it with plywood. I would do that with a deer lease trailer, but can't do it with this one.

Comment

There is a rv place on I-10 just east of the beltway in Channelview.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar Angler View Post
            There is a rv place on I-10 just east of the beltway in Channelview.
            This is Channelview Supplies

You might also call Lone Star RV - 281-821-2334

Comment

Originally posted by pafdrn View Post
              My kids must have unlatched the escape window on my 5th wheel while camping in Galveston. On the way home down I-10, the lower half of the window flew off. A replacement is $300, but the shipping is another $300! $600 total for a window shipped to my house. Does anyone know of a place near Houston that has these? A short drive to save shipping would be great. Of course time is money, so if it is too far I will just have to bite the bullet. Thanks
              I talked to Lone Star RV today and ask about the replacement. They don't carry any in stock, but told me that general they can sell it depending on the size for $270 and that is including freight

Comment

Craigslist and ebay

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
                  I talked to Lone Star RV today and ask about the replacement. They don't carry any in stock, but told me that general they can sell it depending on the size for $270 and that is including freight
                  Good info.

Comment

Working...
                  X