Salmon recipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salmon recipes?

What’s your go to recipe I’ve got a couple hundred pounds of fresh salmon and I’m going to need some recipes.

My favorite method is from America's Test Kitchen.

First you preheat your oven to 350. If your oven's slow then use that time to make your side dishes too. Then get a lightly oiled cast iron pan pretty darn hot, then lay your salmon on it skin side up. After a minute or two it'll release (if it doesn't release you're not done on that side) flip it over and give it another minute or two. Then without any further fooling you pop the whole affair into the oven for 6 to 8 minutes or til the internal temperature reaches 125.

I assume wild salmon is leaner than farmed, so you may want to add a little or a lot of butter to the oil in the pan, but that'll get you a nicely done piece of salmon. The ATK cookbook has plenty of pan sauce ideas or glazes to put on em too.

Comment

Slab of salmon, marinate in a gallon plastic bag overnight:
      salmon
      orange juice
      brown sugar
      maple syrup

Grill til done, and its great.

Comment

2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
        3 tablespoons good soy sauce
        6 tablespoons good olive oil
        1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
        Mix that up and then put it on the salmon and grill it indirect.

I'm also a fan of keeping it simple with olive oil, salt, pepper, and fresh rosemary and grill it.

I also will mix up mustard and brown sugar and put it on the salmon and grill it.

Comment

I use a grill mat to help keep the glaze in contact with the fish and help it caramelize while on the grill

Comment

I use a grill mat
            I've seen em.. look to me like a gimmick, but? Do you like it for anything besides fish? Do ya still get grill marks?

Comment

I like the send some to me recipe. PM for address. Lol

Comment

Following this yum

Comment

Weeknight go to- Sockeye, skin side down on a foil lined baking pan. Salmon seasoning of choice, I like one with some sugar in it. McCormick was the best, can't find it any more. One notch down from highest oven rack, put it in the oven and turn on the broiler. Flake with a fork to find desired doneness. Medium on the thick part of the filet, wife gets the thinner part in my house. Easy to scrape off the skin for the wife, making a treat for the dogs. Dinner is ready in less than 10 min and everyone is happy.

Comment

its salmon, cook it any way you like and its going to be dang good. I live off salmon and deer meat with some halibut in the mix.

My favorite is to a toss up between salmon patties and smoked salmon.

little tip for ya: when cooking, keep an eye on it, watching for the oil (white liquid) to start coming out of the fillet and that will let you know when its done. Or that's at least how I do it and like it.

Comment

keep it simple. grill with skin down. I coat with coconut oil now but used to use olive oil - either works great. Season with Tony Chachere's, additional onion flake and garlic powder to taste. I've also started using a grill mat to keep cleanup simple. Top with fresh avocado slices.

Comment

My go to method is similar to 1riot1ranger: put some oil on the skin side, go hi heat skin down on the grill, sprinkle some garlic salt on top, and like diamond10x said, when you see the white liquid release from the meat, pull it off the grill and it is ready to eat.

Often the skin comes right off the grill with the fish and you can eat it too. Tastes great.

Any leftovers i treat like canned tuna. Add mayo and relish and diced jalapenos and it is great for sandwiches.

Comment

Skin down on grill with honey-barbeque sauce.

Also over mesquite coals on a cedar plank with salt/pepper to taste.

Smoking them is always good.

Comment

I like to grill it and baste it with raspberry chipotle sauce/marinade from H-E-B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mmm

Comment

Working...
                              X