No announcement yet.

160 acres high fenced opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just sounds like a over size breeding pen. Selling surplus exotics brings in good money. I have seen people hunt 25 acre high fences stocked with exotics. I have also spent all day chasing exotics around small 5-100 acre places trying to get a dart in them sometimes its not easy. If he hunts it good for him he owns it. Meat is meat. Either a beef plant is going to knock it in the head or I am going to.

Comment

I would if I could.

Comment

It's hard to catch a chicken on a half acre

Comment

His land...he can do whatever is legal with it.

Comment

We live on 149acres and the first chance I get I will high fence. Been feeding for a decade protein and corn starting to have good number of deer and some good bucks. All the neighbors starting to divide up properties smaller acreage 10, 15 acre deals. Shooting anything that walks. Very disappointing after all theses years. I could sell and we could move but why..? High fence and let us shoot a couple deer a year and enjoy. JMO.

Comment

Man, oh man. It was pretty plain from a few posts in that he's not bitching about his neighbor. Everybody has an opinion, so here's your chance to let us know what you think about fencing 160 acres. I'm pretty sure everyone knows it ain't his business what his neighbor does, and it's plain to him also.

So to answer your question OP, I think 160 acres would have to be intensely managed whether by hunting or selling.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                Man, oh man. It was pretty plain from a few posts in that he's not bitching about his neighbor. Everybody has an opinion, so here's your chance to let us know what you think about fencing 160 acres. I'm pretty sure everyone knows it ain't his business what his neighbor does, and it's plain to him also.

So to answer your question OP, I think 160 acres would have to be intensely managed whether by hunting or selling.
                Thanks Drycreek. I agree with you and we will see how it turns out for him.

Comment

Trapped deer in a big trap that can’t get out. Hunting? No.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
                    Trapped deer in a big trap that can’t get out. Hunting? No.
                    Doesn't strike me as a seller from what i know of him, but def a hunter. Like i mentioned, great guy just hope it works out for him

Comment

Be a big dmp pen, if it's for family and friends it would be great. Stay realistic on carrying capacity and add supplemental feed to help carry more critters you could have a fun property.

Comment

We have 150 acres HF with exotics and we absolutely love it and I'm sure your neighbor will to. We sell live deer and shoot a few to keep the numbers down. It's fun to let family and friends come over and shoot a few as well as the kids. Sure is nice anytime we want some fresh meat to walk out the back door and shoot an axis doe

Comment

I think it could be pretty sweet, especially for bowhunting. Could have plenty of opportunities and if it did get a little overpopulated he could sell a few hunts cheap to offset his feed costs.

Comment

Two partners and I have 195 acres. I would love to high fence it. Plenty of cover, only water source around and our neighbors have a brown and down attitude. I think there are really good reasons to high fence.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                              I manage 165 HF Acres. By no means a hunting operation. 45 acres on North side of road and 120 on the South side. Mainly enjoyment of seeing the exotics. We have 1 buck and 5 doe of each species. Axis, Blackbuck, Fallow, Whitetail, Oryx. Our plan is to dart and sell whatever is needed and shoot 3-4 a year for freezer. I will dart each buck the first couple years and rotate North/South side. Buy other bucks every 2-3 yrs. Not everyone's cup of tea but the owner enjoys the place and I have a great time enjoying my job!

Something like this would be fun on 160 acres if taken care of properly. Yeah it's a little small but it would be a great place to get family and friends out to hunt a little bit, BBQ, see some animals you don't normally see, have a good time etc. I wouldn't go out bragging about some big buck I shot off there but the experience could be awesome for young hunters or people just getting into it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                                He probably had bad neighbors and had to fence them out
                                Hahaha.

I have a deer right now I would like to put in a one acre high fence.
                                Only way he could survive the neighbors. Baby 14 point.

BP

Comment

Working...
                                X