Open Carry In Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LostHawg View Post
    I don't think we need anymore laws. I think we need to abolish those that violate the Constitution.
    I should have said new laws.

Comment

I'd like to see a 200 dollar car, these days, that could "take to the highway".

Comment

In my opinion, I like the concealed carry because to the bad guy you still hold the cards. If you know that someone is basically defenseless they are a much easier target. If the potential victim might be packing Joe bad guy might might get shot. If the guys that were packing had to wear the weapon in the open the choice of a victim just became easier.

Comment

I don't carry. I don't care if you know I don't carry. I would only carry for hunting and target purposes. I'm not of the mind that there's a bad guy lurking around every corner.

If I felt I needed self defense, I'd be carrying my 870 with an improved cylinder choke and #2s; the plug removed and the 18 1/2" barrel installed.

But, that's just me.

I just have a problem with the assault on the Constitution that myself and hundreds of thousands others have worn the uniform, some giving their very lives, to defend. That is why I signed the petition. The Brady bill (and others) opened the door to the demise of our Constitutional rights.

Comment

I don't carry a gun to kill people. I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don’t carry a gun to scare people. I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m paranoid. I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m evil. I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don’t carry a gun because I hate the government. I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m angry. I carry a gun so that I don’t have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don’t carry a gun because my sex organs are too small. I carry a gun because I want to continue to use those sex organs for the purpose for which they were intended for a good long time to come.

I don’t carry a gun because I want to shoot someone. I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m a cowboy. I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

I don’t carry a gun to make me feel like a man. I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don’t carry a gun because I feel inadequate. I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don’t carry a gun because I love it. I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

Comment

Comment

Amen

Comment

Originally posted by OLIVER65 View Post
                  I don't carry a gun to kill people. I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don’t carry a gun to scare people. I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m paranoid. I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m evil. I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don’t carry a gun because I hate the government. I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m angry. I carry a gun so that I don’t have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don’t carry a gun because my sex organs are too small. I carry a gun because I want to continue to use those sex organs for the purpose for which they were intended for a good long time to come.

I don’t carry a gun because I want to shoot someone. I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m a cowboy. I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

I don’t carry a gun to make me feel like a man. I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don’t carry a gun because I feel inadequate. I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don’t carry a gun because I love it. I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.
                  Couldn't all the above be accomplished with the current concealed carry regs?

Trailboss

Comment

Only for those who have the class availability, time, and money to attend. The concealed carry directive takes a Constitutional Right and makes it a selective privilege. It is therefore, a violation of the Constitution.

...From my point of view.

Comment

I can see it now, all out ganstas would start wearing $10k custom forty's on their hips instead of all the bling-bling around their necks...

guys,
                      the best weapon you have against crime, is not the one on your hip, its the one between your ears. too many people think a weapon is a"cure-all" it aint. if you're not aware of your surroundings, that 45 tied around your leg is gonna get you a bullet in the back of the head.

I was here when we were passing the CCW law in texas, i know what a pain that was for us to pass, we had to get that beoitch ann richards out of office to get'r done, we had to write letters, make phone calls, threaten politicians, to get this done. if you think you're gonna get an open carry passed in texas, you're a fool wasting your effort.
                      Even if something liked that passed, it would have provisions for businesses to outlaw open carry on their premises, heck, the only places that would allow it would be gunshops and half of those would outlaw it. the thing about CCW is no one know you got it, and thats the way i like it.

there is no place in a civilized society for open carry. it aint gonna happen, redirect your efforts to something useful...

Comment

You guys might be surprised but in New Mexico as long as a fella is 19 yoa, and hasn't been convicted of certain crimes (ie. No felonies, domestics, drug charges, etc...)he can openly carry a pistol most places. Not in a licensed liquor establishment (main one). But if the guy wanted to walk down the street or into K-Mart etc... that would not be illegal.

With that being said, we have have very few instances at least in the last 10 years that I have been in law enforcement when people actually do visibly carry. We also have the concealed carry permits and accept them from other states. I don't necessarily agree with this for several reasons.

First, the classes are a joke and include brief discussion on the law and some range shooting. The scary thing is that the range shooting is from a short distance and I personally know people that have passed and had no experience with shooting a pistol other than that one day at the range. To me that is just crazy. I can speak from experience that when the sh*& goes bad it is different than shooting at the range. And unless you consistently practice and train in stressful situations, you might not necessarily be a "good shooter" when it comes time. I also know several people who have just gotten online and gotten a State of Florida concealed carry permit. The State of NM recognizes these as well. I'm not 100% sure, but I think the permit out of Florida basically requires a hunters safety class out of the State you live in. This again is scary to me. I just think sometimes it may be a little too easy to get one.

No matter if one coneals carry or openly carries the decision to shoot someone is not necessarily clear cut. As much as we would all like to think that we would know when it is time, I see police officers everyday that have a hard time with "when is it time". And this is with lengthy academy and field training. Not that they will not do the right thing when it is time but the decision will always be second guessed and I think sometimes they worry about it. And I know what your thinking, I'd rather be alive and second guessed than not be alive, and I agree but unfortunatley not everyone can make good, quick, correct decisions.

Comment

I forgot to add. No matter what law is passed the bad guys will always have guns.

Comment

other states have an open carry laws and it really isn't an issue. Hey it is legal to carry a big knife or an axe but how many people do you see doing it?

Comment

Concessions such as these are why our Constitution will fail. These bring us closer and closer to a police state. (Which practically always erupt in chaos)
                              Last edited by LostHawg; 01-26-2008, 08:50 AM.

Comment

NO!

I know people that shouldnt drive a vehicle let alone carry a weapon. CHL is the best thing going in Texas.

Comment

Working...
                                X