Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sako rifles - worth it?

Hey all,
    Curious if Sako 85 (LH) rifles are worth about the 1k over a Tikka?

What would I be getting for the extra 1k?

Originally posted by MitchParker View Post
    Hey all,

Curious if Sako 85 (LH) rifles are worth about the 1k over a Tikka?

What would I be getting for the extra 1k?

$1k more seems a bit steep.

Are they better? Yes. Action on the Sako 75 that I have is the smoothest action I’ve ever felt and that includes a lot of custom actions. It is crazy accurate with factory ammo. Easily the most accurate factory rifle I’ve owned with factory ammo. Tikka’s are great. I’ve owned a few and still own one. For a budget friendly, accurate rifle I think it’s hard to beat Tikka. But Sako’s are in a different class.

Comment

Bought one for the wife. Sneak it out every chance I get.
      Special ride..................

Let me add: it is a gun you will never sell. Will be passed down...............
      Last edited by Johnny Dangerr; 05-09-2018, 07:18 PM.

Comment

I agree with the above and would look for a clean used model 75.

One of the few that I really regret selling.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
          I agree with the above and would look for a clean used model 75.

One of the few that I really regret selling.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Craig, I can make that regret go away! I’ve got one I’ll make you a deal on. She’s fabulous but she never makes it out of the safe anymore. I’ve got her covered up with customs on each side.

Comment

I used a sako when I lived in Australia and was culling kangaroos on a ranch. Was one of the nicest factory rifles I have ever been behind, puts tikkas to shame and I love tikkas.

Comment

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
              Craig, I can make that regret go away! I’ve got one I’ll make you a deal on. She’s fabulous but she never makes it out of the safe anymore. I’ve got her covered up with customs on each side.
              If Craig invokes his first right of refusal, I’d love to take a look at that 75!

Comment

RdRdrFan,

Unfortunately, being a lefty...I'm somewhat out of luck. A Tikka T3x hunter, can be had for under $800 - the same rifle in a Sako is 1,800+.

If you have a line on a Sako in LH cheaper - PLEASE let me know (sorry for hollering)

Comment

RdRdrFan,

Unfortunately, being a lefty...I'm somewhat out of luck. A Tikka T3x hunter, can be had for under $800 - the same rifle in a Sako is 1,800+.

If you have a line on a Sako in LH cheaper - PLEASE let me know (sorry for hollering)

10-4

Didn’t pick up the southpaw part.

Comment

RdRdrFan,

look for a lefty in the AV action. I’ve owned several and they are great rifles. They can be had for 800-1200, up to 1500 for the bigger bore caps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I do not think the grand makes a difference.
                      You are talking a forever gun against a might sell some day gun.........

Comment

Mi Amigo...If you are going to spend the jack for Sako, put it towards an older Bofors steel / Pre Garcia model in the Cal you want. Better long term $$$ spent. This same chap also bought a 308 I had on consignment.

This 243 went for less than I expected!! I'm telling you as a friend put your coin into an older one vs new no different than a pre-64 Win!!

Comment

85 Bavarian Carbine

6.5X55

Drool............................

Comment

Artos,
                            Hey buddy,
                            I'd love it if you could help me find a Sako in 6.5x55 (LH)...I'd be your best Amigo for ever

Comment

I have a 1957 sako Rhimaki manlicher stocked tripple deuce that’s killed at least 75 deer since I’ve had it and who knows how many since dad bought it new. Worth every penny for a sako

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X