No announcement yet.

2015 Pushmataha County Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had good results mid to late October and then first week of November.

Part of the lull that some folks see is impacted, in part by the mast drop. When we have a heavy crop of acorns the Bucks can lay up, eat and scent check in a very tight radius. Once the hormones really spike priorities switch and does are on the run.

I won't be hunting until mid October. Planning on focusing more time then and early November.

Reading last year's thread may provide some insight. Had some good bucks hit the ground last year.

Comment

No rain

With no rain in the forecast, we took matters into our own hands. Pumped 2500 gallons on 2 plots this weekend. Now this thread has me freaking out about army worms.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	24407241

Comment

Originally posted by Christianhuff View Post
        With no rain in the forecast, we took matters into our own hands. Pumped 2500 gallons on 2 plots this weekend. Now this thread has me freaking out about army worms.

[ATTACH]745808[/ATTACH]

I would go check them , or have somebody check them for you. We are checking ours everyday now and they have not been back so far. We are going to start irrigating again today .

Comment

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post
          I'll be there also moon doesn't affect me much, just curious whi will be hunting more mid day than early morning or late afternoon.
          It will depend on what the camera shows when I get there. I might be sitting a while Saturday morning.

Comment

I'll be up Thursday through Saturday but my expectations are low. I usually just hope for a doe this time of year.

Comment

Ill be up next weekend. taking off Friday i think so i can get an extra day of hunting in.

Comment

I'll make it up tomorrow afternoon, see how long I stay dependent on if I get anything.

Comment

Had a pretty good opening week considering I haven't been getting very many deer pics on my cameras. Got up to the mountains Wednesday afternoon and spread out a little rice bran corn mix at one of the runs I hunt. Next morning 2 does came in at 8:15 and I was able to get a good shot on one of them. Ended up seeing 4 does that morning.

Name:	ok2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	24407904
                  Went back the next morning and had a nice 8 point come in. Not one of the mountain giants but a solid buck. Nice 20 yard shot and he went about 30 yards.

Name:	ok1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	24407903
                  Ice chest was full so I enjoyed a campfire Friday night and headed home early Saturday. Hope to see so similar results from the other guys up there this weekend. It was great weather for opening week.

Comment

Nice work, Mark! Two deer on the ground by Friday AM...I'd say that was a successful 24 hours. Congrats.

How are the oaks looking on your place? Acorns starting to fall up there yet?

Comment

I am seeing a few on the ground but not near as many as last year. They seem a little smaller this year as well. Both deer came straight to the corn/bran mix I had poured out. I had never baited the area so they weren't used to looking for it there. I was surprised at how quick they got on it.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Was planning on waiting until ML opener to hunt but my middle daughter is asking to go. Going to head up this weekend and take the family. Temps should be perfect.

Getting my gear together yesterday started getting excited. Looking forward to sitting s new stand.

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
                            Was planning on waiting until ML opener to hunt but my middle daughter is asking to go. Going to head up this weekend and take the family. Temps should be perfect.

Getting my gear together yesterday started getting excited. Looking forward to sitting s new stand.

You better get that girl in the woods!!

Comment

We had a couple guys go up over the weekend. One got a small cull 6pt. Still nothing to brag about on the cameras. I'll be up on Thursday to hunt till Sunday. Probably hit the screamin eagle Saturday night after dinner.

Went to our place in Kimble county last weekend and took a doe. I'm
                              On the board.

Comment

I hunted last weekend seen a few deer, had to find a alternate route to my #1 stand the deer were using the same way in as I was and we're really nervous. I think we have this problem at another location but found another way in there also. But anyway I think there were 3 doe shot and one buck, the buck wasn't recovered, hopefully he survived the shot it was one of the hit list deer.

Comment

Working...
                                X