No announcement yet.

Headed out to pluck some stranded folks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God bless and protect all of you rescuing folks. Be careful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If anyone has a spot on a boat let me know. I can be down there as soon as someone tells me where to be.

Will
      512-743-0332

Comment

Thank you for your help. No way it could have been done waiting on the government. Too much for any one entity.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Army of Dad View Post
          I've got a buddy wanting to plan a trip down to Houston to help out this coming weekend. He's got an aluminum bass boat (not a shallow drive).

Thoughts on where he/we should head towards and if we'd still be useful that late into the emergency and with that equipment?

Edit to add:
          We would be coming from Denton, not sure of ingress to the area.

If y'all go to help the next weekend and want another hand, please, give me a holler.

Comment

Originally posted by whitetailtrail View Post
            If y'all go to help the next weekend and want another hand, please, give me a holler.

I've been hearing of guys being turned away now because of looting going on by a select few lowlifes posing as help.. If there isn't a law enforcement officer with the boat, they aren't letting you in. Also, FEMA has taken over some locations so it is now a chain of command type thing. i.e. they stepped in and slowed everything down. Not sure where to check or who to call but it may be a good idea before you come from any distance.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Houston area off road recovery chat on Facebook. Join for locations that need help.

Comment

Originally posted by TXSTBowhunter View Post
                If anyone has a spot on a boat let me know. I can be down there as soon as someone tells me where to be.

Will
                512-743-0332
                Let me know if you want to go to Beaumont. I know a boat that's running rescues there.

Comment

Just arrived in Port Arthur. Other vehicle in our convoy is going to unload supplies and then I think we will be heading out on the water to try and help there too

Comment

Working...
                  X