No announcement yet.

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well you cannot have feeders are permanent blinds in state park you have to hand feed there and broadcast it well so the longhorns do not eat it all and i have not had anything stolen in state park lot less traffic out there knock on wood

Comment

how in the hell did that copy and repost under under my name very strange

Comment

That is odd

Comment

SanAngeloBowman Is there anyway you could give me a call when you get a chance I tried to PM you but dont have enough posts. 432-413-4134 David Thanks

Comment

Well anyone doing any good? I think I will be headed down Wednesday thinking about bringing the mule and trying section 4 where's the best place to enter and which direction is the back that your talking JDV?

Comment

Up towards whites dam... Which is spring creek... If you look at a zone map.. It's the area where 4 and 3 meet all that area is great and accessible by a mule with ease....

Comment

Cool thanks for the help man.

Comment

Couple more questions. Are there some cabins close to stay in and what road is the best way to enter area 3 off of? Headed that way hopefully everything goes well.

Comment

closest cabins to stay in i think are in state park maybe some at koa camp grounds at nasworthy lake i am not sure about getting into area 3 i hunt at the state park good luck

Comment

We are doing the camping thing. It's is nice back in there we walked around and scared up 4 doe some big ones too. Hopefully we can get some in in the morning.

Comment

At twin buttes there are no cabin facilities... However if your planning On doing some camping ur gonna need some tents... You'll have to have a hell of large clearance of a trailer that you don't might getting scratched up to get back to any decent camping spots... I can get to the back of area 3 up to whites dam in roughly 20 minutes... But your gonna get a stout truck and some balls to make it all the way back there... the best way to go back there is by going past the airport and going over the dam and book a right and follow the black top till it turns into the dirt road then basic head west till your at the dam... It's some rough country with some beat up roads and hairy spots...the other way around is some FM road that the decoty airport is on head down that road till it turns into a dirt road hang to the right and follow the fence line all the way to the dam... I suggest getting on google earth and looking at an actual aerial map to get your bearings and if you have a smart phone it should have the map app on it and you can get 3G pretty much all over the place out there... PM me if you need a tour guide

Comment

JDV thanks for the info we found it off that FM 2166 we are camping across from I guess it's whites dam. Extremely nice back in here haven't seen anything yet.

Comment

Well we left last night around 8 we seen one doe and she was in a hurry so not a chance on her but we did manage to get a couple squirrels and seen a butt load of turkey. I apoligize if we wondered into anyone's feeding areas once we seen them we tried to leave and avoid that area we did find one bucket that looked like it hadn't been used in a while and was empty and filled it with corn so if you had an empty bucket there it's full now. Did see a huge scape about 5 ft in a tree right off the road going back into this pecan trees. Hope to be going back next weekend had alot of fun. Maybe next time I can meet up with some of you guys that hunt the place often. Where's the best place to find pigs around there?

Comment

there are quite a few in the san angelo state park got them on camera but have not seen any in daylight yet but have talk to hunters that have

Comment

Any monster bucks lerking out at the state park?... I posted previously my two targets from TBR they're not that monster-ish but would be **** good deer.... I would only assume that the state park held some giants... Anyone willing to post their trail-cams of monster state park bucks??

Comment

Working...
                                X