No announcement yet.

2018 Spring Turkey Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know when the hot and heavy round about is for Hamilton county is usually???

Comment

Things are just starting to green-up a bit around here and that always makes my thoughts turn to turkeys. Our new hunting grounds looks like prime turkey habitat including a 1/2 mile stretch of hardwood creek bottom with huge oaks for roosting. We have not seen many turkeys in the few short months we have had the place, however sometimes they will start showing up when they scatter into their mating season pattern. (fingers crossed!) Hopefully the hottest part of the mating season will coincide with the hunting season this year - that is not always the case.

Comment

I'm ready. Don't shoot anymore but do most of the calling. That may change in the next year or so cause I'm gonna try to do the Slam

Comment

Originally posted by jay07ag View Post
          Yall have a good amount of birds up that way in Waelder? I've always wondered where their range stops, going north and east from Gonzales.
          Yes sir, plenty of Toms to go around. Myself and one other are the only ones to hunt them in the spring. It takes us about 15 minutes to find a bird and get set up.

Comment

I'll be out. For the first time in forever my son won't be with me. Stupid job. But, the wife is going. It'll be fun trying to keep her from moving around. Spring turkey hunting is definitely my most favorite. Can't wait for 3/31 to get here.

Comment

I'm excited. I love this time of year!!! Hopefully the turkeys cooperate this year.

Comment

2018 Spring Turkey Thread

[emoji1327]*

I’m ready

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Can’t wait, ready to put a big mature Eastern on the ground. Got me a new DSD, getting a pretty good flock together. Hopefully, I can score a Rio Hunt, I haven’t been able to chase them in quite a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiebush View Post
                    Can’t wait, ready to put a big mature Eastern on the ground. Got me a new DSD, getting a pretty good flock together. Hopefully, I can score a Rio Hunt, I haven’t been able to chase them in quite a few years.

Let me know what weekends you’re open and maybe we can work something out for y’all to head south!

Comment

Anyone have a place i can take my son? I'll pay but want him to have a good chance at getting one.

Comment

Yep...headed to Florida next Thursday to kick things off. Then taking my oldest on a youth hunt the next weekend. Just put new tires on the truck to get it ready for some serious miles

Comment

Turkey season starts March 20 here in SC. I am ready. Killed a turkey last year at my parents place. I lived in those woods for 20 years with no signs of Turkey. While I was living in Texas they told me they were seeing turkeys. I moved back last year and decided to give it a try. Turns out they were right. Saw 8 Jake's last year at my buddies place. Should be a good year.

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                            Let me know what weekends you’re open and maybe we can work something out for y’all to head south!
                            Sounds great, let me check and see what weekends are good. Our season is jacked up, opens on a Sunday this year.

Comment

Are there any birds around Columbus? Or do they not go that far East?

Comment

Really bummed, after not seeing many birds this fall I was concerned, but our birds tend to move to either the Pecan Bayou or Jim Ned bottoms during the fall, so it’s not uncommon to see fewer birds. But I spent the weekend here and didnt hear a single bird and only found 1 set of tracks. Going to be tough hunting.

We had a huge hail storm late spring with tennis to baseball sized hail, that’s the only thing I can figure has decimated our normally stable and healthy turkey population

Comment

Working...
                                X