Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like big buttpads

And I cannot lie.

She aint the prom queen...butt she'll get it done on the truck hood.

Makes a 7lb 308 a bit more comfy.
    Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:15 AM.

Congrats, you've earned the Redneck Seal of Approval.

Now go out and get that barrel hot

Comment

And it's uglier than home made soap.

Comment

Why does a suppressed .308 even need a pad?????????

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
          X2. Maybe scale it back to a 22-250?

Comment

Lol I must admit... I let out a little laugh when I scrolled down and saw the that you had busted out the duct tape. Hey, whatever gets the job done!

Comment

Some of us like a little extra cushion in the rear even if she’s gentle.

Gorilla tape is black, they have camo and khaki duct tape now. Silver doesn’t work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I like a thick butt too. Butt like TexasBob said, black or camo tape would make her more attractive to me. :-)

Comment

Another option would be to take the factory butt pad off that rifle, and fill the hollow stock with silicone. It'll add some weight, and reduce recoil.

Comment

100%TTID...Ay Sir. Gracias.

Texas Bob...I like the camo or gorilla tape suggestions. I was figuring Id just rattle can the backside and the scope....its what I did to the rest and rifle and previous scope.

Gummi...I like it light but had some similar ideas drilling holes in the top and bottom of the stock and using sand...which is silica...or even water. Filler up and drain'er out. I like youre idea.

Outbreaker and AgAttack...Im a skinny guy with not alot meat butt I love me some cushion for pushin...or just when spoonin. The broad butt displaces the recoil and spreads it out mo betta for me...especially when the suppresor comes off.

She aint ugly when the lights go out.
                    Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-31-2018, 03:19 PM. Reason: 100%Spake

Comment

You otha bruthas can deny.....

I put 2 stainless screws in the stock of my old O/U that got broke...it was beautiful...

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post

Texas Bob...I like the camo or gorilla tape suggestions. I was figuring Id just rattle can the backside and the scope....its what I did to the rest and rifle and previous scope.

Gummi...I like it light but had some similar ideas drilling holes in the top and bottom of the stock and using sand...which is silica...or even water. Filler up and drain'er out. I like youre idea.

Outbreaker and AgAttack...Im a skinny guy with not alot meat butt I love me some cushion for pushin...or just when spoonin. The broad butt displaces the recoil and spreads it out mo betta for me...especially when the suppresor comes off.

Just asking, Because my .308 barely moves off the target under recoil when I shoot suppressed.

Comment

hideous

Comment

Just asking, Because my .308 barely moves off the target under recoil when I shoot suppressed.

Mine barely moves off target when shooting without suppress or brake

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post

Just silicone caulk will do.

If you want to get fancy, you can buy two part silicone and pour that in (it may be better, but not as cheap as a couple tubes of caulk)

Nothing is as cost effective as adding weight to reduce felt recoil.

Have fun trying different stuff to see what works best for you

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
                              X