Out of State Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by big papa View Post
    What about Arkansas, Louisana, or Oklahoma?
    Arkansas has more public land and a long bow season, Louisiana has decent public land and late ending bow season as well. Oklahoma has a good amount of public land but the season ends in early January and they tags AIN'T cheap.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by j_chaserman1 View Post
      New Mexico. Out of state licenses are only $65 can get an OTC tag reasonably priced and lots of public land. Draws there are good too and if you put in and don't draw they will refund 100% minus application fee so like 6/10 bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      What OTC tag are YOU talking about willis? no more OTC for NM as far as i understand it.

Comment

I hadn't checked in a bit.. I know the draws were in March.. Likely right that there are no OTC tickets available.. But Id have to go back and confirm.

Comment

Missouri and nebraska Maybee.

Comment

Thank y'all. What about Mississippi?

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Missouri

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
                  Missouri

X2 Lots of public land available. I've hunted around Truman lake and there are some big deer in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by wsteffen View Post
                    X2 Lots of public land available. I've hunted around Truman lake and there are some big deer in the area.
                    My nephew played football at Southwest Missouri Baptist, me and his dad always wanted to hunt Truman lake. You do any good there?

Comment

Originally posted by HR3 View Post
                      My nephew played football at Southwest Missouri Baptist, me and his dad always wanted to hunt Truman lake. You do any good there?

Yes always got at least a big doe. I had an advantage though, my Dad lived on Little Tebow Creek just above Truman, so I knew the area pretty well. There is a lot of DNR land around the lake.

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY CHIEF View Post
                        Screw Colorado. They rape non residents. Won't get another penny from this Texas boy.....I was spoiled when I was active duty stationed out of Denver....48 bucks for elk tag and 38 I think for mule deer......can't see myself paying 600 for elk or whatever they rape u for a mule deer. But Colorado residents can come here and kill 5 Whitetails and unlimited hogs for like 300 bucks. Nope...public lands to overcrowded unless u take horses and go way back in for miles.....by foot your lucky to even see a legal bull elk. At least my 3 years in grand junction hunting the western slope....lots of cows and spike bulls. If u can draw a cow tag...or get a leftover...mule deer are draw only!
                        It is crazy what they charge for a non- Res. Lic. here. And I can't believe the number of out of state hunters that still come. And he is correct, the over the counter lic.units , especially for rifle are elbow to elbow people, I have given up on going. The farther you get back in away from the roads the better, but then you got to get them back out, which can be a pain in the ***. As far as " getting some meat" look at the late elk only ( cows)seasons ( Dec. Jan) . It's a drawing process but pretty easy to draw. And the colder, snowier it is the better. But we have used this season if it's meat we are after. Success rate is usually way higher.
                        We come down there javelina hunting every year, but it's really the only thing we can afford to hunt there also. It's not the lic. That cost so much but what you pay the " rancher". If we wanted to hunt deer they charge 2400.00 ( food and lodging also included which we just camp out for the javi's) For a buck under 140 I think it is, and four days to hunt. Then the price goes up quick from there for larger deer. And even the " exotics" are not " free" most places we hunt ( obviously can't afford a lease) they charge a bunch for, don't even remember because it was way out of our league. But any way we pay 850.00 ( lic. Fee and to hunt) just to get two javelina down there, so it's similar to Co. Out of state lic. But you get a lot more ( and better) meat off a deer. But again you guys have so many deer I would never pay what they want here to maybe kill a deer, I am sure the success rate is higher for you guys also. And I am not complaining about paying the rancher down there at all, gladly pay it . I love hunting those little things, in fact would rather hunt them then any thing.
                        Last edited by critter69; 05-06-2017, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wsteffen View Post
                          Yes always got at least a big doe. I had an advantage though, my Dad lived on Little Tebow Creek just above Truman, so I knew the area pretty well. There is a lot of DNR land around the lake.
                          are you planning to hunt there this fall?

Comment

Originally posted by HR3 View Post
                            are you planning to hunt there this fall?
                            No. My father passed away 5 years ago and haven't been back to hunt since. Go to the Missouri DNR sight and you can download maps of the available ares.
                            Good Luck, it's a hunter friendly state from my experience. Last time I hunted, does were included and you could get additional doe tags for $4 each.

Comment

Go to Agfc.com and ck out bumpers white river , some of the best bow hunting around

Comment

Missouri has a lot of public land for rifle and bow hunting whitetail. only issue is nonresident tag is 225$. unless you're a disabled veteran with a rating greater than 60%. bc, you get a nonresident tag at the same price as a resident does so be like $19 dollars for archery and 17 dollars for rifle

Comment

Working...
                                X