No announcement yet.

2016 Draw Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I struck out as well. All 9 dollars of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bigchiefj View Post
      How did everyone do on the drawings? I drew 4 out of 56 applications. That's $226 in application fees. Alligator, 2 javelina, and gun deer management.
      I drew in three and made a standby.

Drew,
      Deer archery
      Javi
      Turkey

Standby,
      Deer management

I've drawn 4 Hunts in 12 previous years including rifle deer in 2015 and then draw 3 this year. Could be looking at quite a dryspell after this....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

i've been putting in for the rifle hunts for 36 years without being drawn. i went to 4 standby's this year and they drew 1 card out 49 cards at one WMA and the odds for the other ones weren't much better. Maybe next year is what i say every year,

Comment

I got drawn for Teniente and Atascosa Archery but after reading how difficult the hunting was I opted out. Guess I won't be putting in for those next year. Do they do anything if you do not attend a hunt you were drawn for.

Comment

Originally posted by Azzy View Post
            I got drawn for Teniente and Atascosa Archery but after reading how difficult the hunting was I opted out. Guess I won't be putting in for those next year. Do they do anything if you do not attend a hunt you were drawn for.
            All they do is hopefully give the spot to a standby hunter.

Comment

Originally posted by Azzy View Post
              They don't have standby's for the NWR hunts. Only on some of the state land hunts. The draw system does do a second draw for the spots where folks haven't paid for their permits on time.
              Last edited by Palehorse; 02-16-2017, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X