No announcement yet.

Getting Ready For Winter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice timeless look! Particularly like the hat!

Print that pic in black and white, and it could be 60 years ago.

Comment

Wool is very quite on the draw. New materials are lighter and can be warmer but they always seem to have some type of waterproof material inside that's noisey. I just take off my wool before I get bloody and put in pack because I get too dang hot otherwise. As far as scent I hunt the wind or don't hunt so I don't have a lot of issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
        Nice timeless look! Particularly like the hat!

Print that pic in black and white, and it could be 60 years ago.
        Ellis, believe it or not - that hat will soon be 97 years old. It was my Granddad's. He bought it new in 1921.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
          Ellis, believe it or not - that hat will soon be 97 years old. It was my Granddad's. He bought it new in 1921.

Rick
          Knew that looked authentic. Funny thing is that I first typed that pic could be 100 years old, then edited to 60, thinking of the bow. As in many things, should probably stick with our first instinct without over-analyzing.

Comment

Man that's great I wish I had something of my grandpas to take on hunts with me. As it is I feel like he's there when the sun comes up most days on the stand

Comment

Originally posted by Dkincaid View Post
              Man that's great I wish I had something of my grandpas to take on hunts with me. As it is I feel like he's there when the sun comes up most days on the stand

I also have his .22 rifle, that he bought the same time he bought the hat.

Both right after he returned home from France & WWI.

Rick

Comment

Working...
              X