GreentoeDOTcom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GreentoeDOTcom

Has anyone used them to make an offer on camera equipment? I have a lens I'm going to make an offer on soon but in the meantime my wife asked me to get her a new camera for her real estate business. I made an offer on a Sony A7 with a 28-70 OSS lens. I noticed today that the price of this camera has been lowered $100 and my offer was $48 less than that. I would bet they accept my offer now.

One thing I'm finding is I don't like waiting on them. The default wait time is 7 days which I changed to 3 days and we are less than 4 hours before my offer expires. If it does, I'll go to B&H to get it since there has been a price drop everywhere. They sent an email saying there is a "shortage across their network" but I can find one just fine. The $48 I save would cover and additional battery. Will update this later today.

Comment

I have not but will check it out. I have been wanting a prime 35mm and a wide angle to possibly fish eye for my NIKON. Prices on good glass are outrageous but you get what you pay for with low f stops.

Comment

I hadn't heard of that site before. I'll check it out.

Oh, NO!!!!

It's not just camera gear. There are guitars too.

My wife may be calling you to complain, Bill.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
          I have not but will check it out. I have been wanting a prime 35mm and a wide angle to possibly fish eye for my NIKON. Prices on good glass are outrageous but you get what you pay for with low f stops.
          Originally posted by Shane View Post

Oh, NO!!!!

It's a nice concept. I was chasing birds one day and had another photog tell me about it. I'm going to look into a 70-200 through this site as well.

Comment

My first offer was accepted. $150 under price the day I made the offer but as mentioned most majors lowered the price during my bid time by $100. Just wanted to update. My next purchase will tell the tale.

Comment

Sony A7 shipped and will be here Friday.

Comment

Another site i wish i wasn't aware of. I need mo' money.

Comment

Just made an offer on a Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Lens, they countered and I accepted at $140 under price shown everywhere. Shipping is normally 2 day. Order has shipped less than 30 minutes after accepting the offer. 30 day returns. This could be bad.

We received my wife's Sony A7 and she likes it. It is a bit different than using the Canons and I'm trying to figure it out. She took these of me with it on Monday.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cindys first pics 5-1-2017-32 (Large).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	24494237

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cindys first pics 5-1-2017-16 (Large).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	24494238
                  Last edited by Bill M; 05-03-2017, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post

Oh, NO!!!!

Not sure how I missed that last sentence. Tell her BR 549.

Comment

Here is a referral link for anyone that may be interested in checking them out.

Set your price for cameras, tvs, appliances and more. Our network of authorized retailers is waiting to hear your offer. We have exclusive deals you won’t find anywhere else

The above lens will be here today so five days from the offer, counter and acceptance to delivery. Not bad.

Comment

I have made an offer on a tripod, but no takers yet. Apparently I'm bidding too low. I'm loving the site and hopefully I'll save a little money on some gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
                          I have made an offer on a tripod, but no takers yet. Apparently I'm bidding too low. I'm loving the site and hopefully I'll save a little money on some gear.
                          I looked at one also. I'm sure the amount of markup plays into how much they are able to knock off.

Comment

Working...
                          X