No announcement yet.

sabine national forest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok...ill check it out. Do you know if the campgrounds in the forest are any good?

Comment

Went with the wife , so we did not go primitive. Do not know how they are there, but stay in the Sam Houston just about every weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
        Hows the hunting in the areas off Hwy 87 near 6 mile? I would think crowded due to all the folks that have camps around there.
        The hunting is good, WT are in abundance on or property but been overrun with hogs last few years. Still see some giants strolling out to the feeders late season.

Comment

Are they chasing out there now?

Comment

Originally posted by BG1934 View Post
            Awesome. I am from Florida and we do a lot of climbing out there. This will be my first public land hunt in Texas. I am planning on camping at Sabine. Any suggestions on a good camping spot there? Also would you suggest a good area to look at as far as using a climber goes?
            If you can get in touch with the main office in Hemphill they have maps. Also when I was out there this weekend I noticed a few maps attached to trees near some main roads that showed designated hunt camps too

Comment

Ok I will try to get ahold of them tomorrow. How is the deer population out there?

Comment

Not bad at all, had maybe two hunts since first of October that I didn't see anything....shouldn't have any problem seeing deer

Comment

Originally posted by BG1934 View Post
                  Ok...ill check it out. Do you know if the campgrounds in the forest are any good?
                  Bole's Field & Ragtown are both good for sure. Ragtown has hot showers for sure, can't remember on Boles.

Comment

Ok cool...Im heading out tomorrow morning to scout a bit. Yhanks for all the info guys!

Comment

Looking at the map.....is hunting allowed throughout sabine or is it just in the wma dark green areas?

Comment

Hunting is allowed all throughout the NF & WMA.

>Buck only in the NF (except during archery only & muzzleloader)
                        >Antlerless allowed in the WMA by drawn permit only.

Good luck!

Comment

Ok. Thanks

Comment

Oh, and you do need the $48 APH permit to hunt WMAs in TX, but not the NF. Just fyi.

Comment

Originally posted by rcm719 View Post
                              The hunting is good, WT are in abundance on or property but been overrun with hogs last few years. Still see some giants strolling out to the feeders late season.
                              Your WRONG, ain't nothing out here!!!

Comment

anyone ever hunt off of fr114 in the moore?

I hunted thanksgiving weekend just north of the camp area off of 114 in moore plantation and saw a nice size doe but I had to let it walk as I had no antlerless permit. Anyone here ever see any hogs around 114 in the moore?

Comment

Working...
                                X