No announcement yet.

Started My Flatbed Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took a little road trip with the 4-wheeler on the back this weekend. Fuel mileage was about 1 mpg lower than before the flatbed, but it was definitely a softer ride. Im concerned that the front may be a little light though. Seems a little light and kinda walks on rough road. What would be the best way to try to regain the steering characteristics? Would it help to remove the leveling kit from the front?

Comment

Nice! I understand the struggles and time it takes to do the little stuff...I built one too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bucksaw View Post
        Boom baby!!! Division champion, and even beat out another flatbed that showed up from Nacogdoches. Here are the little rednecks that made this possible in this time frame. Great group of kids.

Nice work men! At one point in my early metal fab career, I built wrecker beds. Yall did some fine work there.

Comment

Originally posted by jwedel View Post
          Nice! I understand the struggles and time it takes to do the little stuff...I built one too

Dude, thats a clean build. Very nice.

Comment

There are a few things I wish I had done differently, but as this is a very specific build and not much demand that Im aware of, I may just have to settle for what I have. If anyone is interested I would be willing to sell so I could build #2.

Comment

There are a few things I wish I had done differently, but as this is a very specific build and not much demand that Im aware of, I may just have to settle for what I have. If anyone is interested I would be willing to sell so I could build #2.

If it was for a dually I'd buy it in a heart beat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Ahhh!!! Just tried to put a 35 on (borrowed from one of the kids trucks) and it wont fit. Thought I had it all figured out, and paid extra for the fenders, but turns out, that's whats preventing me from running the 35. Dang it!

Comment

Went ahead and put it in the classifieds, just to see what happens.

Comment

sweet.

Comment

Got a bite on selling this one to a former student. He is bringing his truck by on Friday and we are optimistic that it will fit. If it does, this thread will continue for round 2. If not, then I may post progress of his build. Either way, there will be another build.

Comment

Yeah, it was a 20' car hauler custom made to order for someone with a baja truck.

That's funny. I know the guy that had it built

Comment

Got a bite on selling this one to a former student. He is bringing his truck by on Friday and we are optimistic that it will fit. If it does, this thread will continue for round 2. If not, then I may post progress of his build. Either way, there will be another build.
                          Well, I shouldn't have said that, because shortly after selling the bed to a former student, I traded the black truck for a long wheel base. I thought I would leave it alone because it is white, and every white truck I look at with a flatbed just looks like a company truck. But, I just couldn't help myself. Been gathering up a bunch of scrap together and started framing it out today.

I think I have a sickness.

Comment

Well, I shouldn't have said that, because shortly after selling the bed to a former student, I traded the black truck for a long wheel base. I thought I would leave it alone because it is white, and every white truck I look at with a flatbed just looks like a company truck. But, I just couldn't help myself. Been gathering up a bunch of scrap together and started framing it out today.

I think I have a sickness.
                            Youvery well might, you know there is a whole lot of truck with flat beds already on them ready for purchase in Alto. But being a former welder, I understand the build vs buy mindset. Keep us updated

Comment

Great job!

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                                Youvery well might, you know there is a whole lot of truck with flat beds already on them ready for purchase in Alto. But being a former welder, I understand the build vs buy mindset. Keep us updated
                                Yeah, but they want too much for those . Doesn't look like Im gonna get too far with this one though. The more I thought about it, the more I remembered the little nit-pick details, and the less I wanted to go through that again. I just don't have the energy for that now that the temps are going back up. It was bad enough in September that I don't want to be wrapping this thing up in July.

Comment

Working...
                                X