Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've yet to draw

Comment

I haven't put in the last two years. Got drawn once in 6 or 7 years prior to that so I figured I'd let them work out the kinks before I get excited about this again.

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
        3rd year. I have been drawn on hunts on the old and new system, maybe more often on the new system. I've been drawn twelve times in eleven years and my kids seven times (in one year). I have a lot of points accumulated in some hunt categories that should be easier to get (antlerless, management, feral hog) so maybe I can get drawn on one of those this year.
        Those are some impressive numbers. I've put in for multiple hunts every year. Like 6 or 7 hunts every year for about 10 or 11 years and last year was the first hunt that I've ever been drawn for. It was the main one I wanted so I'm still happy about it. Maybe this year I will get drawn again. I usually put in for some pretty sought after hunts so I expect slim chances.

Comment

Already looking forward to it! Got one app already needing to send in. Not getting my hopes up too high this year. My preference points have taken hit after being selected over the last few years.....but I will be applying!

Comment

Originally posted by fishanhunt View Post
            Those are some impressive numbers. I've put in for multiple hunts every year. Like 6 or 7 hunts every year for about 10 or 11 years and last year was the first hunt that I've ever been drawn for. It was the main one I wanted so I'm still happy about it. Maybe this year I will get drawn again. I usually put in for some pretty sought after hunts so I expect slim chances.
            Which hunt did you get drawn for and how did the hunt go?

Comment

I drew an exotic hunt at Palo Duro Canyon.

We figured them out on the second afternoon and missed one at about 500 yards. We found them again the third morning but then the wind got up to 30 mph and they bedded up in some big canyons out of the hunt area. It was an awesome hunt and I hope to somehow get drawn again. It only took about 10 years for that draw.

Sent from my ASUS ZenFone 2E using Tapatalk

Comment

They come out in July and the archery hunts are the first ones to be drawn in August.

Comment

Originally posted by fishanhunt View Post
                  I drew an exotic hunt at Palo Duro Canyon.

We figured them out on the second afternoon and missed one at about 500 yards. We found them again the third morning but then the wind got up to 30 mph and they bedded up in some big canyons out of the hunt area. It was an awesome hunt and I hope to somehow get drawn again. It only took about 10 years for that draw.

Sent from my ASUS ZenFone 2E using Tapatalk
                  Good deal. Yea, I have only been drawn one time, Enchanted Rock and had a really good time. Saw some white tail and Axis, but never was able to get a shot. It was worth every penny. I have only hunted deer on three leases in my life, so a different place to hunt on even for only 3 or 4 days is pretty neat.

Comment

Maybe too much to ask, and maybe I missed it as a change for this year, but I have been applying for the last couple of years to the hunts with the worst odds so I can build up points while out of state.

Is it really too much to ask to be able to buy preference points like most other states that have a preference point system??????

It would make yalls odds better and cut down on people like me who get unlucky and win in a year that they are just trying to build up points.

Comment

I was just checking the draw hunt website to see how many loyalty points I have for mule deer. When you check your points there is a tab to the right that has the entry deadlines which are the new deadline dates and a column to apply. It will take you to that category with this years hunt dates. The catalog isn't out yet but the application page has all the dates.

Comment

It's like waiting for the Christmas catalog when I was a kid...

Comment

Yikes..they omitted the number of applications received for last year. First time in 31 years. The odds of drawing must be staggering!!

Comment

When you can apply for every hunt in every category I can only imagine

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by southsider View Post
                              Yikes..they omitted the number of applications received for last year. First time in 31 years. The odds of drawing must be staggering!!
                              Originally posted by gumbl3 View Post
                              When you can apply for every hunt in every category I can only imagine

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
                              So why even bother is probably what TPWD thought.

Comment

Just when I thought the online system couldn't get any worse...

Comment

Working...
                                X