Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accept it everyday.

Comment

Just accepted mine. Basic plans 350 they offered 4 Hundy. Why not ?

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxhunterr View Post
        Also America Home Shield is horrible company to deal with.
        Pretty much the same deal as the OP.

But I bought an old house with an 18 year old AC, that I knew was on its last leg. I went with American Home Shield after seeing that they didnt carve out the air conditioner like some other warranty companies.

Long story short, I had to deal with somebody in I think the Philippines that barely spoke even the most basic Engwish. Finally got somebody to come out, and they pushed back, since I tried to fix it first. Ended up saying all I needed was an $800 part, but I would had to buy $900 worth of refrigerant.

Ended up getting a new $7,000 air conditioning unit, and got them to credit me for the part. Frankly I was just tired of dealing with AHS.

Comment

take it... then cancel at your first opportunity.
          home warranties are bogus!

Comment

I had a horrible experience with them on a water heater. Long story short i was without hot water for a week, before i went and just bought a new one myself. I told them i know me not using them anymore will not put them out of buisness, but they can be dang sure ill run their name into the dirt every chance i get. And this is me keeping my word. Horrribbleeee customer service.

I had a 4 year old and newborn at the time. Bath time was not fun!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
            Last edited by Part Timer; 07-02-2018, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Ill go a little deeper on my story to save some of yall. The have a "pre existing" clause. They can claim your issue was pre existing and void any coverage.

Try explaining to me how a gas leak.....can be pre existing.....cause they could not.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Home Warranty of America is who we have. They took about 2 weeks on the A/C, it was summer, but we had fans, and spending $186 to replace it was better than a few grand.

Comment

subscribed, this seems like a very interesting thread

Comment

They will have nothing to do with you after the sell. It doesn't matter who you complain to. Take the warranty and hope you don't need it.

Comment

Take it. It is a common practice to include this for the buyer. Plus the seller knows a lot more about things that might be in need of replacement in the near future.

Comment

Common practice gives both buyer and seller some peace of mind if something breaks down

Comment

Sees screenname
                          Instantly skeptical.

Comment

Take it..normal offer from many sellers!!

From OUR experience, I totally disagree with the hit's on American Home Shield. My only complaint is it takes sometimes longer than I want for the contractor to show up, but it has saved us a LOT of $$ over the years. I know...could just as easily had bad experiences but ours to date has been very good.

We pay $42/month with a $100 deductible and it has again...saved us a lot of $$ with plumbing issues, refridgerator repair and tankless hot water system replacement. Two years ago my wife's previous home had the AC go out. Yep, she was renting it and paid the $48/month with lesser deductible. Repaired in 2 days and believe me, it was worth it.

Again...we have been pleased!

Comment

Take it....I have Choice Warranty and have used them 5 times since the end of February. I pay $65 for a visit and the parts are covered under the warranty. A/C issues, plumbing issues and one pool visit. Sure has saved me a LOT of money!

I plan to renew it when the year is up.

Comment

Take it. It's customary. Gratis.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X