TRAPPING SEASON Thread 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
    Do you run stock pans/dogs on those Newhouse traps or do they have a tensioning screw on them?
    No sir completely stock

On these traps you can still get them but I use a pan spring. It's a spring that goes under the pan. An when you really learn how to tune your trap with them you won't use that screw. Or at least I won't not even on the newer traps

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
      I've got some traps I bought last year that I'd be willing to part with.
      Send me a PM with what you got and how much.

Comment

Originally posted by Fergeris View Post
        No sir completely stock

On these traps you can still get them but I use a pan spring. It's a spring that goes under the pan. An when you really learn how to tune your trap with them you won't use that screw. Or at least I won't not even on the newer traps

Gotcha. I guess I hadn't heard of the under-pan springs.

Comment

Gotcha. I guess I hadn't heard of the under-pan springs.
          Not many people have

I also use foam under mine

Comment

Yeah, use foam, but rely on the tension screws on my modern traps. I have three Victors and a Triumph that do not have these adjustments, though.

Comment

Anybody have any leads on buyers, taxidermist etc. who might be interested in 4 male bobcats. There still whole in the freezer. I've skinned them out before and left the feet and head and shipped frozen.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                Anybody have any leads on buyers, taxidermist etc. who might be interested in 4 male bobcats. There still whole in the freezer. I've skinned them out before and left the feet and head and shipped frozen.

You might look at eBay and see how the market is on there. You will need to Cites tag them before shipping across the state line though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I met the NAFA truck this morning. I hope prices go up before the auction in May.

Comment

Yeah, use foam, but rely on the tension screws on my modern traps. I have three Victors and a Triumph that do not have these adjustments, though.
                    Out here where I'm at I can't use the tension screw or I won't becasue of the soil corrodes it so bad they won't go off. So my pans are not floppy loose but they free fall

Comment

Originally posted by Btoutdoors View Post

I met the NAFA truck this morning. I hope prices go up before the auction in May.

Hope you do good man

Comment

Originally posted by Fergeris View Post
                        Hope you do good man

Thanks I do too. I’m not expecting great prices but better than throwing them away.

Comment

Originally posted by Btoutdoors View Post
                          You might look at eBay and see how the market is on there. You will need to Cites tag them before shipping across the state line though.

Yup, I've been considering this option.
                          Last edited by Lone_Wolf; 03-21-2018, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Hi All,
                            For the last few years i've dabbled in trapping down at my ranch in Zapata county. I have only used snares on fence crawls and i've done pretty well catching bobcats and coyotes. This year I branched out and decided to try my hand at foot hold traps. I bought 6 Bridger #2's Full Modified and 6 MB 550's all offset. I put chain ends and super stakes on all. This weekend i took them down and made 8 dirthole sets. I ended up catching 5 raccoons on dirtholes and 5 coyotes on snares. My question is why i only caught raccoons in my dirthole sets? I used Milligans Predator chunk bait with sheeps wool down the hole with coyote urine and Hawbakers Wildcat#1 glade lure on the backing. Any advice on baits or lures would be greatly appreciated.
                            Scotty
                            Last edited by bloodycactus; 04-09-2018, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Here’s my pull from the Ranch this weekend. All were snared on fence crawls. Also got 5 raccoons on dirt hole sets.

Comment

Nice haul Scotty!

That’s five more coyotes that won’t be killing fawns this year.

Pm sent.

Comment

Working...
                                X