Help with sausage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wits_End View Post
    You'll be better off by not adding in the MSG in bag #1 either. Filler with no nutritional value.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

MSG is not a filler. It's a flavor enhancer..

Comment

Good read on MSG and the myth.

There is a myth that monosodium glutamate, or MSG, is unsafe or unhealthy. It is a simple amino acid, that's all. And it's safe.

Comment

I've done 50/50. Plenty of good recipes online

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Correct, a substance that stimulates your taste buds and nerves. It is often added in with other fillers to "enhance" the flavor. I knew that was completely straight forward as it was posted, but I was to lazy to go fix it.

Different opinions out there on MSG. There are several articles that show MSG as being genetically modified, basically nullifying the article you posted. Many, many studies showing its affect on your nerves and your brain.

The questions is, why add it? Do you really need more stimulation in your food for it to taste good? As time goes on, you will fail to enjoy basic foods.

Comment

I think antifreeze is ethylene glycol but from my days in Baytown I remember propylene is bad stuff. Don't think I'd use it.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterchris View Post
              80 deer 20 pork FAT. But that is me. But that is to my taste. For hamburger I do 80 deer 20 brisket. I also double grind everything to ensure it is mixed well. Also use the mesquitecountry thread in recipes for sausage recipes. They are great.

Sent from my BLU Advance 5.0 using Tapatalk
              This. I'm making deer sausage and want lean .

I get my seasonings from the processor down the road. I just call and say I'm making X amount and he mixes for me

Comment

Correct, a substance that stimulates your taste buds and nerves. It is often added in with other fillers to "enhance" the flavor. I knew that was completely straight forward as it was posted, but I was to lazy to go fix it.

Different opinions out there on MSG. There are several articles that show MSG as being genetically modified, basically nullifying the article you posted. Many, many studies showing its affect on your nerves and your brain.

The questions is, why add it? Do you really need more stimulation in your food for it to taste good? As time goes on, you will fail to enjoy basic foods.

I was just trying to help people out with making sausage. It's so disappointing to grind, stuff, and smoke 100#s of sausage and it not come out as good as you'd like. I've had people that make their own sausage and rave about how good it is, and I don't think it's good at all. This is good seasoning and will make great sausage every time for $10. You don't have to use it, and you don't have to have a freezer full of my sausage. I help a lot of people make sausage every year because they love mine and it's because of this seasoning. If you're new to sausage making, no reason to ruin a bunch of meat experimenting.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                  I was just trying to help people out with making sausage. It's so disappointing to grind, stuff, and smoke 100#s of sausage and it not come out as good as you'd like. I've had people that make their own sausage and rave about how good it is, and I don't think it's good at all. This is good seasoning and will make great sausage every time for $10. You don't have to use it, and you don't have to have a freezer full of my sausage. I help a lot of people make sausage every year because they love mine and it's because of this seasoning. If you're new to sausage making, no reason to ruin a bunch of meat experimenting.
                  You don't "experiment" with 100# of sausage. I know I don't. Also there is a post in the recipe section to give anyone a pretty good idea on seasoning on sausage. No need to pay $10 for $2 of seasonings. Grind and stuff 5# of sausage and tweak it till its great then do the math and make a big batch.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterchris View Post
                    You don't "experiment" with 100# of sausage. I know I don't. Also there is a post in the recipe section to give anyone a pretty good idea on seasoning on sausage. No need to pay $10 for $2 of seasonings. Grind and stuff 5# of sausage and tweak it till its great then do the math and make a big batch.

No need to tweek and experiment or do math. Lol. $10 makes perfect sausage every time. $10 isn't even a 12-pack of beer.

Comment

No need to tweek and experiment or do math. Lol. $10 makes perfect sausage every time. $10 isn't even a 12-pack of beer.
                      okay.

Comment

I got caught up in the ingredients comment and my tunnel vision kicked in. I probably should have just moved on. I agree that you were just trying to help with something easy to do and my comment was not all that helpful.

Merry Christmas

Comment

I got caught up in the ingredients comment and my tunnel vision kicked in. I probably should have just moved on. I agree that you were just trying to help with something easy to do and my comment was not all that helpful.

Merry Christmas

Not a problem brother. We have conversations like this at work too. But without being in person, it seems argumentative not my intention.

Have a merry Christmas.

Comment

Dope hunter, aka, Jordan is the master at making it. Give him a buzz.

Comment

50-50

Comment

Working...
                              X