No announcement yet.

3of4 Bull Elk Tags Punched NM DIY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fantastic! Elk hunting is the most frustrating and rewarding and you captured it right there! You fellas did well and the video was amazing. Can you give some insight on the cameras you used. I saw the go pro and the drone but did you have another HD camera? Editing software etc? By the way, the music seemed to fit perfectly. Congrats and I can't wait to see 2017 footage.

Comment

Awesome video

Comment

Superb!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks Guys!! I really appreciate the kind words. I take a lot pride in my photography/film/editing... whatever you wanna call it haha It's very time consuming but it's great to have something to look back on years down the road!!!

And yea it was my first trip, but the other guys had a few under their belt... Maybe why they were more successful haha

It started out just 4 of us with 2 tags... When the 6x9 went down, those two guys headed home. Then my partner had to get back to work around day 7. Luckily enough while out on my own, I ran into 2 other hunters with 2 of the same tags. Come to find out, we were all 3 K9 Handlers for the same organization (just different States) so needless to say we hit it off real well. They took me in and allowed me to hunt with them on my last days. They could simply "talk elk"... every time we went out... we had encounters... I could've let the arrow fly a couple times, but all I could see was head and neck from the side and I just couldn't bring myself to risk it! We had been hard at it for so long, the last thing I wanted to do was spend another day tracking a wounded animal... but like I said, the experience was GREAT!! Greatest hunt I had every been a part of and I've been hunting for a very long time and seen some pretty cool stuff, but Public Land Big Game Hunting takes the CAKE, no doubt!!!

Thanks Again Fellas

Comment

Awesome video and hats off to you for a valiant effort

Comment

What a great video!! Thanks for sharing

Comment

What units?

Comment

What drainage???

Comment

Good stuff man, thanks for sharing

Comment

Great Video & Awesome Hunt

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
                        Fantastic! Elk hunting is the most frustrating and rewarding and you captured it right there! You fellas did well and the video was amazing. Can you give some insight on the cameras you used. I saw the go pro and the drone but did you have another HD camera? Editing software etc? By the way, the music seemed to fit perfectly. Congrats and I can't wait to see 2017 footage.

Thanks for noticing the music. Some people don't care but for some reason that always bugs the crap outta me. I always try to find real suitable, matching music for every video

We had 4 GoPros. All set in different modes/settings for certain shots/scenes.
                        2 Sony Handycams (which were used the most) don't remember model #s
                        The drone footage was from early season scout trips, not during the Hunt (that's illegal, although that would've been awesome haha)

For editing I have Windows, use PowerDirector 13 Suite. Be been using it for years and love it! I don't even use most of the cool stuff it can do

I have other hunting videos on my channel if you ever get bored, all filmed with same cameras and edited on same program

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MPADILLA View Post
                          What units?

All in 17, deep backwoods way off the roads

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                            What drainage???

Did you notice all the times I had to mute the talking so we didn't give away names of locations lol

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

Awesome job!

Comment

Working...
                                X