No announcement yet.

val verde county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking forward to your report. Headed up next Friday myself to hunt for 3 or 4 days. Hopefully I'll have something to post.

Comment

I'm hoping to get down there to hunt a buddies ranch December 18-21st. When does the rut normally kick off?

Comment

Originally posted by VictorG830 View Post
        My buddy got this one up one devils river ... Last weekend... He sent me an email about it but came by my work to show off his trophy..... Not a bad one.!!!!
        Very nice buck!
        Originally posted by TP3 View Post
        They took this one off our place last week. Good mass horrible pictures. Lots of big knots on his tines and a repaired G3 that made for a gnarly drop tine.

That dude has some character! Very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Court2005 View Post
          I'm hoping to get down there to hunt a buddies ranch December 18-21st. When does the rut normally kick off?
          Normally I hear ...and shave seen good activity in 1st 2 weeks of December.

Comment

Dec 10th usually

Comment

Originally posted by VictorG830 View Post
              Some good activity but I ain't seen nothing great yet.... These days are getting hot !!! But I'm going in the morning tomorrow so ill update in the AM....
              Any updates???

Comment

Nice deer

Comment

Been really humid last couple of days really thick Fog in the mornings, went out on Saturday no action other that the axis yelling up a storm in the distance that was the only day I went out I hit the "awesome sauce" a little to hard over these last couple of days with my family... But made some great memories and my uncle made the best Venison Guisado EVER..!!!!!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Nice^^^

Comment

I hunted all weekend in Val Verde ... still nothing great yet. Young bucks only still. I've been the last 3 weekends in a row, but not sure if I will go back this coming weekend or not. I will definitely be out there on the 12th!

Comment

Bump

Comment

Well got back yesterday. Stayed an extra day when the cold front blew in on Monday.
                          Hunting was pretty excellent. Smaller bucks chasing hard and the big boys were cruising.
                          Took three bucks off our pasture. I shot one Wednesday night. Buddy killed a great buck (his first ever). He had no idea what a nice one it was and was worried about what we would think. Lease members wife killed an 8 that we had planned on letting walk. He was a heck of a deer and would have been outstanding in a year or 2. Guess that's what happens when you have people hunting by themselves.

Comment

I'm in the north part of the county and on thanksgiving week we had major rut activity

Comment

My 8.
                              Attached Files

Comment

[ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	20141128_094924_resized.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	24349879[/ATTACH]Buddies 10 (11 but had a broken brow)

Comment

Working...
                                X