Coma Down! BBD!!! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coma Down! BBD!!! :)

I first noticed this buck in 2009 as a 4yr old. He was a 150" 10pt with a great frame and I had high hopes that he would grow into something special. I named him Coma after a tree that grows on the ranch. We talked about him for 3 years and this year I was elated to see the trailcam pics of him because I knew he was the biggest he had ever been.

I built a ground bind last week and let it sit until Friday morning when I started hunting him. He came in Friday and Saturday morning, but he hung up 50yds out and never came in. This afternoon he showed up at dark and by the time he was within range I couldn't see my pins. I wasn't even sure it was him until he raised his head to look at some deer behind me and I could skyline his horns. Once I saw the fork, I knew it was him. It was very late and I was unsure about whether I could make the shot, but I knew that he was in the perfect position at 12 yards and this was the best opportunity I had. I drew my bow and talked to myself about relaxing my hand and putting the pin where I thought was the boiler room. I had skylined my sight to figure out where my pins were and I knew at that distance all I needed to do was put the circle of my sight around his vitals and let the Rage do the rest. I relaxed my shooting hand and squeezed the release. THWACK!

He ran in front of me about 40yds and after about 10 seconds I could hear wheezing and a wet cough. He continued to cough as he moved to my right and I could hear him moving through tall grass, then silence. I sat in the blind with my senses on high as I listened for more clues. After 15 minutes I walked back to the truck and had a celebratory beer and waited. Thirty minutes later Cory and I walked down and found my bloody arrow. Within 20yds he found a huge blood trail. We followed the spray for about 50yds and saw his white rear in the glow of the flashlight. High fives and hollers were exchanged as we walked up to the beast. I'm blown away at the size of this buck and I couldn't be happier that he's hanging in the barn. Score to come

Click image for larger version

Name:	060 copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	24930126

Wow. Congrats

Comment

That thing is a BEAST!

Comment

What a bruiser!!!

Congrats on an awesome buck!!!

Comment

Congrats brother! That is a toad!!

Comment

The "big" bucks always make it on the "around the campfire" Thread and not on hunting reports, Come on man...............you know the rules!!!

LOL just messing man, congrats! What a buck!

Comment

And he's got short G2's!!! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by BowVista View Post
                That thing is a BEAST!
                x2

Comment

Love seeing a beautiful bbd!! I'm pumped and I didn't even lay him down! Congrats again brother!

Comment

Aaaa1!!! Nice!!!

Comment

Congrats!!!!!

Comment

very nice

Comment

Brush monster for sure!!!!!!! Congrats Peyton

Comment

Wow wow wow!!!

That dude is heavy. Heck of a deer

Congrats to you my friend.