• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
    Send my congrats to your son Storm.
    Will do TG.

Comment

Please give your son my congratulations for a job well done and the best of luck for his future.

Comment

Originally posted by coop View Post
        Please give your son my congratulations for a job well done and the best of luck for his future.
        I sure will Coop thank you.

Comment

2.5 months to go. Then we start a new thread again in August.

Winterized my boat for the summer last weekend.

Comment

Looks like Whitney is about to come up a few feet. PK and Grandbury got hammered, are getting hammered, and are letting the water out.

About par for June this time of year for the last few years.

Comment

W lake has come up a little over 4" over night. It's 1.75 feet low. From the looks of the elevation on PK and Grandbury, Grandbury is gonna flood if they don't open the gates some more. PK was letting out over 9K cfs yesterday. And over 8700 cfs today. Grandbury is releasing 3500 cfs. PK is near normal level. Grandbury lost 4" over night. But is only .75 feet low. But they are going to have to release a lot more pretty soon~! Or face flooding.

Comment

Hey T.G. is it too early to start planing an opening day party at Plowman? This way no excuse for anyone.

Comment

It's to early for me. I've got some irons in the fire at the present. Will know more in a few weeks.

The old building where the Caddo used to be is open again. Calling it the Texas Cattle Guard Steak House. I just tried to call there a moment ago. But no answer. But that don't mean we can't have a G2G at the lake. Or both. Weekend of August 11th is certainly out for me. Will most likely be working the LSBA Youth Archery Booth that weekend at the TTHA show in Ft. Worth, all pending on what happens the next few weeks.

Comment

W lake has come up another 6" since yesterday's post. Level sitting at 1.32' low.

Grandbury releasing 6288 cfs; they almost doubled the release since yesterday

PK releasing 8638 cfs; no change from yesterday
                    Last edited by Texas Grown; 06-06-2017, 10:16 AM.

Comment

W lake still rising. Currently sitting at .68 feet below normal. Came up another 7" since yesterday.

Grandbury releasing at 8718 cfs at the moment

PK releasing 8591 cfs at the moment.

Aqilla is about a foot above normal.

Comment

Make them stop releasing water T.G.!

Comment

I don't think this one (June) is going to be as bad as the last three years. That is unless we get more rain in the northern Brazos river valley. The river valley basin runs almost to Lubbock.

Edit: And heck Storm, the W lake ain't even full yet. Whatcha fret-n about?
                          Last edited by Texas Grown; 06-07-2017, 05:21 PM.

Comment

W lake is 1.68 inches below normal.

PK has cut it's release back to 925 cfs "at Storm's request".

Grandbury is still releasing water at 8723 cfs.

Comment

Storm has some clout.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                                Storm has some clout.
                                He must!

W lake is .09 feet below normal. Still not releasing any water. I expect it to reach normal in the next day or so. Looks like the river valley is getting lots of rain between Grandbury and Whitney at the present. So it certainly will come up a bit more with Grandbury still releasing too.

Grandbury continues to release at 8229 cfs at the present. And is .06 feet below normal.

PK is releasing 290 cfs. And is .2 feet below normal.

For those who want to see what the normal water level is like in the areas you hunt, now is a good time to go look. Also note where it is according to the oldest Willow trees on the bank. Then all you have to do is look at how low the water level is on-line to get an idea of where it's at. Right now it should be right at the base of most of them. Or half way around the base. When at normal level, it is usually to the inshore side of the trunk. Now, if the water level is above normal on-line....that's a different story. Just look how far up the truck of the tree the water level is from the ground,...or rather the bottom under water.

Comment

Working...
                                X