No announcement yet.

2015 Pushmataha County Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure if we have just one bear or several. Every time we check cameras we have many pictures of bears.

Comment

Going up tomorrow to get in a pig hunt and do some more work before archery season. have a few small plots to rake in and 2 pop ups to set up. Other than that it will be checking cameras and putting out feed, blocks and rice bran.

Hoping that the birds and pigs didn't get all the seed I put out last time before the rain came last week. Looking forward to seeing if we have germination of the seed that we got down, with all the rocks in the soil.

Comment

I just can't get this deer any older than 4.5 what do yall think?
        Attached Files

Comment

4.5. He has some character to his rack. Wonder what he would do next year!

Comment

When does the rut normality start in Push?

Comment

id shoot that deer in a heartbeat

Comment

Wow you fellows are killing me. looked at some land near Clayton. backed out on the deal and I regret . Great Pics. I wish ya'll all the luck this season.

Comment

Put in plots this weekend

Got in a couple of plots last weekend. This is the smallest of the two, planted Austrian Winter peas, Crimson and White clover, and mixed in some chicory, Wheat, and oats for fill. Of course pics wont upload, can someone help me out?

Comment

PM sent

Comment

I'm heading up tomorrow to get our plots in too. Buck forage oats, wheat, rye and some clover.

Will be the last prep before season starts. Hoping against hope that my boy's feeder has not been turned into a bear punching bag.

Also hoping to get some good pics of our shooters.

Comment

Headed up This weekend to cycle cards and put out some bear feed. A guy we know wants to shoot one so we told him to go for it. Hope he kills a pile of them (legally). Gotta work on camp some as well. Apparently I need to build a new deck, the Fire pit needs work, and the roof in my camper has a leak. Rather get it done now than opening weekend.

Comment

Pulled cards on all but 2 cams (left the keys at home) this past weekend. First time we didn't have a bear on any of them.

Plots are coming up okay and had deer on camera eating 2 days after the rain fell. They aren't giving it much time to come up. Reseeded that plot to help it along, also friend reseeded his plots. We added 2 new plots this past week also.

As for the Big & J blocks, the crows, raccoons and pigs loved them. The turkey found one of them just before it was gone, the pigs cleaned the other one up in one night. The deer hit the areas but it was too late.
                          Last edited by B G; 09-17-2015, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Four days after the rain I had wheat, oats and clover starting to come in. This doe and here fawns were on it as soon as it started coming up.

Last edited by B G; 09-18-2015, 11:34 PM.

Comment

That's great. Hopefully it can outgrow the grazers. I know that they kept our plots mowed down last season. Going to put out a cage this year to get a good gauge of how much they are eating.

Got to the mountains on Friday to find that the timber co is prepping to clear cut the section that holds my daughter's blind and the reeder I put up a few weeks ago. Talked to the foreman and the feeder (strung by cable between two pines) has to go but we can leave the blind. That's good news. Should be a real killer spot late season.

Got the food plot in at the place we put up my boy's blind. Started raining within the hour of being done! God s second helping this afternoon. Put in lime and fertilizer while doing the fall mix, Cliver and turnips. We will see.

His feeder was still there.

Hung my set and prepped the spot.

Did some scouting and found some rubs and the acorns!

Had some interesting pics from this cycle:

Looking forward to the season.

Comment

The turkey killed one of the plots before it came up. My other one that I reseeded last week was killed by the pigs that returned. What I did have coming up is gone and didn't have a single deer on cam in this areas yesterday!

Comment

Working...
                                X