New Boat Prices!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
    I could care less if a man bought a 100 K dollar boat or a 1000 dollar boat, to each his own, look at it from a positive side, it creates jobs and there will be some nice affordable used boats on the market for the guys who choose to buy used. I doubt that the boat in question sells for 100K anyway, I know the retail on my trucks was 68K, got it for 60, so with that logic that boat will only go for like 90K or so.

It's not the price, it's who is building it. Big difference in a 100k SS x3 or new 24' Simmons VS nitro/tracker/Tahoe and now ranger.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
      You could spend about 1/2 and get a fully rigged boat from a company that isn't owned by Bass Pro
      Yet

One of only 3 left.
      I'm betting Triton is the next to get axed. Stratos got shut down this year.

People are buying these boats because they can go 15-20 yrs on payments now. Crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
        No fences - no people - miles and miles upon miles.

It's worth it.

Couldn't have said it better. I don't even have 40k in my boat but it's mine. Go when I want and where I want. Couldn't imagine life without a boat. When we still had the bay house we had 3.

I venture to say some of these "bust out a thousand" people shoot 1500 dollar bow set ups at deer on leases costing 3k with another 2 or 3 in fuel and feed. Spend it where you want

Cost is the last thing on my mind when memories are made. Marsh reds to drop shot bass [emoji108]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
          It's not the price, it's who is building it. Big difference in a 100k SS x3 or new 24' Simmons VS nitro/tracker/Tahoe and now ranger.
          Dont forget to add the newly acquired Legend Boats to that train wreck of a monopoly

We're in Texas after all.... Skeeter is King here. But dadgum...those Phoenix have managed to keep their prices down over the few years ive watched their prices...Tempting.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
            Yet

One of only 3 left.
            I'm betting Triton is the next to get axed. Stratos got shut down this year.

People are buying these boats because they can go 15-20 yrs on payments now. Crazy.

I hope they don't get Phoenix but you never know. I was surprised by the Legend deal yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by TENRMORE View Post
              ...................for something that the average person may use at the most 20 or 30 times a year at the most...............
              Good Lord, I just wish I could fish 20-30 times a year!!!!!

Comment

won't ever buy one... waste of money

Comment

Originally posted by aggie182 View Post
                  Good Lord, I just wish I could fish 20-30 times a year!!!!!

LOL, I fish 10-20 times a month from February through May. Drops off when it gets hot and deer season keeps me off the lake in the fall and winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond07 View Post
                    Bay boats are outrageous Also. At least bass boats are coming with a power pole, electronics on the dash and bow, trolling motor, hot foot, tons of storage, etc. When you purchase a Shoalwater or anything in that realm of boats, you get a deck and that's it.

Other than a trolling motor, electronics and a power pole if I desired to have and could buy a fully rigged out 20ft shoalwater cat with 150 evinrude H.O. for $37,690. Way cheaper and a lot more versatile than a bass boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by shaft_slinger00 View Post
                      Other than a trolling motor, electronics and a power pole if I desired to have and could buy a fully rigged out 20ft shoalwater cat with 150 evinrude H.O. for $37,690. Way cheaper and a lot more versatile than a bass boat.

That isn't apples to apples compared to the boats in this discussion. You can get a brand new 20ft bass boat with a 150 WITH TM and electronics for sub
                      40K all day long.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                        That isn't apples to apples compared to the boats in this discussion. You can get a brand new 20ft bass boat with a 150 WITH TM and electronics for sub

40K all day long.

Apples to apples. 23ft shoalwater with 300 on it and all the bells and whistles is 70k. Still a whole lot less than 100k and it was fishing lakes, bays and the gulf.

Comment

Originally posted by Full Throttle View Post
                          I have a 25+ Majek Extreme and a 1948 Uncle J Flat bottom with a GTR. But I choose to shop used boats. I'll watch the classifieds for months till the right deal comes along. It's really not that hard to find a clean 3-4 year old rig and pay .50 on the dollar. Just have to know what you are looking for, have cash in hand and know how to negotiate.

I've sold several boats for what I've bought them for after using them for a few years. Buying new is dumb in my book.
                          Uncle J is my friends brother! One day if I ever get tired of my Cajun special I've had for 20 years I'll have him build me one!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Comment

How someone else spends their money is none of my business.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
                              How someone else spends their money is none of my business.
                              X2 I am sure I spend mine different than others spend theirs

Comment

Why is everybody so concerned with how other people spend their money.... I have several buddies with $180,000 truck and boat combos, and the thing is, justification is only needed by the person paying for it. How they spend "their" money is of no concern to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X