Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Anyone Recommend a trad shop in DFW

Hello,

Looking to get a new longbow glass or possibly even wood if it can make a 31.5" pull. I am also needing a set of arrows for it. Can anyone recommend a trad shop in DFW? I am in NRH, and would prefer Ft. Worth, but the Dallas area is good as well.

Thanks

Good luck! Not very many "trad" shops out there!

You could take a road trip to Manchaca and go see Bob Sarrels at his shop!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Worth seeing Bob. IMHO. Not that I've been but really want to. a buddy of mine goes there and swears by it.

Comment

I ended up purchasing a Cabela's 68" 40lb Frontier longbow, and a half dozen carbon Stalker Extreme arrows. Shoots great, and didn't break the bank. I haven't shot a longbow in a while, and I was quite impressed how I was able to pick it back up so quickly after getting the nock point set, and beaver balls on it. consistent vital shots (on the target) at 12 yards already tonight. I already had the arm guard, stringer, and shooting glove so I only have about $250 plus tax in this set up, and I am very pleased.

I am moving away from my old 45# Ben Pearson Javelina that I am guessing is 50 years old. I do prefer the way this long bow feels, compared to that recurve.

Thanks

Comment

for the $ the Cabela's Frontier is a good shooting bow.

Comment

Originally posted by kmon View Post
            for the $ the Cabela's Frontier is a good shooting bow.
            True, It shoots better than I can.

Comment

Not sure how much Trad stuff he has but try Gateway Archery in Fort Worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X