• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
    What caliber are you shooting?
    .308 Winchester

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
      .308 Winchester
      Gotcha, I thought it might be a .223 or .300blk and I was going to offer my 2 cents.

Have you had good luck with the Remington? I'm using the Remington OTFB ammo in my .300blk and the results have been amazing. 5x better than the Hornady I've tested and I'm a big Hornady fan. I've just had great luck with the Remington and it's half the cost.

I don't shoot my .223's on hogs much anymore but when I do, I use the Hornady black 75gr BTHP and it's the best ammo I've ever used for hogs with a .223.

Comment

I don't shoot my .223's on hogs much anymore but when I do, I use the Hornady black 75gr BTHP and it's the best ammo I've ever used for hogs with a .223.

I’m shooting a 223 with these and they’ve really do some damage to the hogs I’ve connected on.

I figure at some point I may step up to a larger caliber, just haven’t decided what to step up to.

Comment

Gotcha, I thought it might be a .223 or .300blk and I was going to offer my 2 cents.

Have you had good luck with the Remington? I'm using the Remington OTFB ammo in my .300blk and the results have been amazing. 5x better than the Hornady I've tested and I'm a big Hornady fan. I've just had great luck with the Remington and it's half the cost.

I haven't tried the Remington Ammo yet.

Comment

Been using 150gr federal soft points in my .308 and have no complaints. Accurate, economical and drop them where they stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9558.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	24543104
              Last nights hunt.
              North Texas hog hunt using 6.5 Grendel and FLIR Thermal Optics.

Comment

What mount are all the XQ and XP Pulsar users using
                1. Original
                2. New quick disconnect

Comment

I’m using the quick detach, if I’m not using the scope I like to take it off the rifle and store it in a pelican box for safe keeping.

Now if I was shooting a bigger caliber rifle I’d go with the regular mount, that’s a hunk of metal for sure. But on my AR-10 I feel the QD is enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
                    I’m using the quick detach, if I’m not using the scope I like to take it off the rifle and store it in a pelican box for safe keeping.

Now if I was shooting a bigger caliber rifle I’d go with the regular mount, that’s a hunk of metal for sure. But on my AR-10 I feel the QD is enough.

Thanks for the feedback. Having some updates on 308 and debating what mount to go with going forward

What is everyone else preference with Pulsar XQ and XP's

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post

Russ

Sounds like you are having good results with remounting and accuracy

Are you doing any range checks when remounting

TD

Comment

Originally posted by TD2000 View Post
                        Thanks for the feedback. Having some updates on 308 and debating what mount to go with going forward

What is everyone else preference with Pulsar XQ and XP's

XQ38 with quick detach here.

Comment

Night Vision hunting Thread

Russ

TD

No sir it’s got one bolt that the cam clamps with. I set it in the second notch from the back on my rail and go too work. It’s held the zero everytime. Like I said with it being semi auto I think the recoil is super mild and not affecting it. A bolt action I dunno.

Far as scopes go I was gonna go XQ38 but they back logged them at pulsar and @outdoorlegacygear got a XQ50 2.7-10.8 in so I ordered it. The XQ50 was the next notch up in price but I’m glad now I got it with the rice fields and large open pastures we got down here, the detection range is greater. I also didn’t want to mess with CR123 batteries so the battery pack was a must. I didn’t really care for the video but now I’m also glad it’s there as I can have video of all shots made in case neighbors have issues

I’m also going to be next year once I get some extra overtime going to buy a Core RXQ30 as a backup like @Lip did and put it on the AR-10 and get a AR47 with silencer for the XQ50.

Comment

Russ

TD
                            I'll chime in here too. I have 2 main AR's that are my dedicated NV rifles. A 300blk 16" and a 300blk 10.5". I've got a .223 10.5" that I also use from time to time. Because I'm always testing scopes, I'm literally swapping scopes from rifle to rifle to rifle all the time. Sometimes multiple times in a day. Also, if someone local wants to come out to my place and look at a scope, I'll take it off my rifle to show them because it's much easier and safer to just hold the scope up.

With that said, just to name a few, I've used the Pulsar standard thermal mount, the Pulsar QD mount, the FLIR standard QD mount, the ZroDelta DLOC and the Sightmark QD rings on the Photons. When you talk about all the different scopes that Pulsar and FLIR are making and combine them with those mounts, I'm zeroing and taking scopes off and on all the time. So much so I have to keep a note in my phone about which scopes are zeroed for which rifles and which zero profile in the Pulsar is set to which rifle. For instance, I've got my XP50 zeroed on 3 different rifles right now.

So with all that said, I've tested them until I'm blue in the face and I have 0 and I do mean 0 issues with any of those mounts listed above returning to zero. It's extremely common for me to see hogs in my pasture, go to my gun safe and the scope I want to use isn't on the rifle I want to use, so I'll put it on and go. No accuracy problems at all so far and it's a life saver for me.

Jason

Comment

I'll chime in here too. I have 2 main AR's that are my dedicated NV rifles. A 300blk 16" and a 300blk 10.5". I've got a .223 10.5" that I also use from time to time. Because I'm always testing scopes, I'm literally swapping scopes from rifle to rifle to rifle all the time. Sometimes multiple times in a day. Also, if someone local wants to come out to my place and look at a scope, I'll take it off my rifle to show them because it's much easier and safer to just hold the scope up.

With that said, just to name a few, I've used the Pulsar standard thermal mount, the Pulsar QD mount, the FLIR standard QD mount, the ZroDelta DLOC and the Sightmark QD rings on the Photons. When you talk about all the different scopes that Pulsar and FLIR are making and combine them with those mounts, I'm zeroing and taking scopes off and on all the time. So much so I have to keep a note in my phone about which scopes are zeroed for which rifles and which zero profile in the Pulsar is set to which rifle. For instance, I've got my XP50 zeroed on 3 different rifles right now.

So with all that said, I've tested them until I'm blue in the face and I have 0 and I do mean 0 issues with any of those mounts listed above returning to zero. It's extremely common for me to see hogs in my pasture, go to my gun safe and the scope I want to use isn't on the rifle I want to use, so I'll put it on and go. No accuracy problems at all so far and it's a life saver for me.

Jason

That being said, do you have a favorite QD mount?

Comment

Originally posted by Lip View Post
                                That being said, do you have a favorite QD mount?
                                Putting me on the spot.

Honestly, if you forced to say, yes the ZroDelta DLOC is my favorite just because of the design and quality. Do I think they actually perform better than, say the Pulsar QD mount? No I really don't think so and the Pulsar mount is 40% of the cost. I think they both get the job done just fine. It's definitely nothing I'd put any real concern into. But given both of them, I'd chose the DLOC just because of the look and feel.

Just a warning to anyone with a DLOC, you need to be darn sure when you put it on your rail that you use your fingers and tighten down the thumbscrew before you shoot. If you clamp it on and forget, you won't even notice that it's not tightened down. Don't ask how I know what will happen if you shoot it without it tightened down.

I think for the $99 price tag the Pulsar QD mount with the locking QD lever is the best deal out there for aftermarket mounts.

Comment

Working...
                                X