New lease = new tactic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by splitfinger View Post
    Good luck on your spot in East Texas. I posted this on another thread but look at the Outpost Feeder www.outpostfeeder.com I have one and it holds a little over 20 pounds of corn and can feed up to 4 times/day. I have mine spinning 2 seconds x 2 times/day and it spins out about 10 pounds per week.
    I bought one of these feeders after reading your other thread. I hung it about two weeks ago. Going to go hunt it this weekend. Randy, I like the idea of using a bow fishing rig to get the rope over a high limb!

Comment

Originally posted by splitfinger View Post
      Good luck on your spot in East Texas. I posted this on another thread but look at the Outpost Feeder www.outpostfeeder.com I have one and it holds a little over 20 pounds of corn and can feed up to 4 times/day. I have mine spinning 2 seconds x 2 times/day and it spins out about 10 pounds per week.

I actually looked at this feeder but I opted for the bucket because it holds up to 40# of corn. I can throw a little more each day and last approximately the same length of time, or throw the same amount for a longer length of time.

Tod, you just gotta go easy and do a very short draw or you'll be ripping the string out of your rig or ducking it when it snaps back at you!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Todd View Post
        Randy, I like the idea of using a bow fishing rig to get the rope over a high limb!

That’s an old arborist truck...
        sling shots with 10-16oz lead shot bags work too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck Randy! Yeah I tried leases a couple times and most don’t like it when you go to killing their deer lol

Comment

Randy...Im excited for you. Im gonna start a slow chant for encouragement...target...target...target...target. .. Fantastic rope casting technique too.

Ikeman...Thanks for mentioning the sling shot technique. (Fishing weights with strung eyelets just popped into mind.)

Comment

Hope ya show em how its done Randy! Just a note... if I was huntin there, you would have a lot less real estate! Cuz that's where I'd be huntin no matter if I had first dibs, or last! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Got a chance to run out and check the camera and refill the feeder. Had this guy show up. Hope he continues to come back and during the daylight at some point!
                I also did a little more scouting on the way out. Found the start of a fresh rub next to an old one along a rub line that follows the creek!
                Things are looking up!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like a decent buck.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X