Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tachycardia (PSVT). Anyone been treated for it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad you are okay and it can be fixed. Do we need to have Uncle Buck move the bar downstairs?

Comment

Originally posted by Zookeeper View Post
      Rudey some good advice is that if this happens again Call EMS. Most if not all Advance Life Support units are capable of resolving PSVT. I say this because PSVT can progress very rapidly to V-Fibb which = DEAD. If you are driving yourself to the hospital and this occurs it would not be good. Good luck with your procedure and be sure to listen to your DR.
      x2. Not only V-fib, but your heart beating that fast will not pump enough blood for very long. If you are driving you could pass out and have a wreck. That adenosine is not only weird for you, but also a little butt pucker factor for the medic/RN.

Comment

I have a lot of buddies that are paramedics and they talk about Adenosine all the time. They say it is quite a thing to watch someone who has been givin the drug.

Comment

I had this happen to me after taking a vitamin supplement that had raw adrenal gland in it. Not a good feeling. I did the vagal manuevers and it broke. Some people are symptomatic with this and some aren't. I've given adenosine a bunch of times and sure does look weird on the ekg when it hits the heart. Ablations are the norm, so no worries there. Good luck.

Comment

Sounds scary, Rudey. Glad they got it stabilized.

Michael
            My Flickr Photos

Comment

Glad they got ya fixed up.

I had a 80y/o lady that I gave adenosine to. She told everyone see seen that I must have jumped in her lap and beat the hell out of her, said it felt like a mule or a big ol paramedic kicked her in the chest.

No matter how much you tell a pt. what it is going to do and how it might make them feel they never understand till its over.

Jeff

Comment

An employee of mine just had this procedure done on Tuesday in Ausin and went home the next day feeling great!!!
                My wife is an advanced cardiac RN and advance cardiac coach level 5. She deals with this procedure all the time and says no worries.
                Good luck..

Comment

That Adenosine/Adenocard is some interesting stuff. I like watching peoples eyes when it hits!!

Comment

dog-gone did you go to another Cowboy Cheerleading Camp before it started?

glad your ok.

Comment

Originally posted by huntmaster View Post
                      dog-gone did you go to another Cowboy Cheerleading Camp before it started?

glad your ok.
                      Rudey...glad your doing better. That sure sounded like a scary moment. I was thinking along the same lines as Billy or you changed to a new beer and your system couldn't adjust

Comment

So after having 3 episodes of this this week and getting the Adenosine shot in the back of an ambulance Wed. morning, I get on to the all knowing TBH and find this thread.

That Adenosine is some good stuff. Kind of weird to watch your own heart rate flat line. But, it was like an elephant was lifted off my chest when it kicked in.

They have me on a "calcium channel blocker" now that "relaxes the heart muscles" and I don't care for it. Feel really lethargic the last couple of days.

I'll be looking into the ablation when I see my heart doc next week. Anyone else had this procedure done?
                        Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

I was pushing 200 when I called the VA advice line on what to do.

They told me, I kid you not, "start driving toward the hospital and if you feel like you're going to pass out, pull over and call 911". The VA hospital is over an hour away... Ended up just calling the ambulance, they gave me some shot that made me feel like I was dying for about 20 seconds. A few minutes later, I was back down to 52 bpm. Discharged with no follow up scheduled. Gotta love government run health care!

Comment

I was having afib problems 2 years ago. I would go to emergency room, they would slow my heart down, put me on medicine to control it, and a week later I would be back at emergency room. After 3 episodes of this, my doctor did heart ablation. 2 years later no problems.

Comment

My mom has a fib. she has had 2 ablations so far with zero issues. The ablations help for a while, but the afib usually comes back. I don't know if they have tried the Adenosine, but I do know she has had to go in and have them shock her about once a year for the past several years to get it to stop. usually right around christmas.

hopefully if they do the ablation, it takes care of the problem!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds scary. I've had my heart rate up into the 190s for a sustained period of time when I used to race bicycles (could sustain it for about 45 minutes.) You don't "feel" it in your chest at times like that. However, once during a training ride, my heart rate jumped from 100 to 135 for no reason and stayed there for 15 seconds. I tell you what, that was the strangest darn feeling ever. I could feel it. Long story short, ended up going to a cardio and had a very healthy heart other than it being slightly enlarged... which didn't explain the Tach event.

If I had a good cardiologist, I'd listen to them.

Comment

Working...
                                X