2016 Draw Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016 Draw Hunts

Wont be a whole lot longer and TPWD should come out with their draw hunt opportunities. Isn't like July and they are online?

Originally posted by marshman View Post
    Wont be a whole lot longer and TPWD should come out with their draw hunt opportunities. Isn't like July and they are online?
    I believe August

Comment

I believe they end in August

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It was July 1st last year, I happened on it and posted a link to it.

Been on my mind as well but unfortunately I'm on Zero points for the Rifle buck hunt after drawing Matagorda Island. Can't complain it was a great hunt.

Really hoping to get back to the Chap or Daughtry on a Javi hunt to stretch out the long guns.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
          It was July 1st last year, I happened on it and posted a link to it.

Been on my mind as well but unfortunately I'm on Zero points for the Rifle buck hunt after drawing Matagorda Island. Can't complain it was a great hunt.

Really hoping to get back to the Chap or Daughtry on a Javi hunt to stretch out the long guns.
          If you have the free time, go to the area and do standby. A lot of people don't show up for the hunts.

Comment

I thought about goin and standing by for a hunt but always afraid people would claim their tags or be last in line and not get one and i live a long way from most of the hunts i would try for.... anyone ever scored a tag by standing by? If so do a lot of people show up to try and get one by standing by?

Comment

Originally posted by setx View Post
              I thought about goin and standing by for a hunt but always afraid people would claim their tags or be last in line and not get one and i live a long way from most of the hunts i would try for.... anyone ever scored a tag by standing by? If so do a lot of people show up to try and get one by standing by?
              Depends where u go. Not many standby spots anymore, since they changed the system.
              You can look at last years standby spots vs applicants numbers online. Some places it's almost a shoo in. Others it's a one 10 chance

Comment

Originally posted by beardedBrazos View Post
                Depends where u go. Not many standby spots anymore, since they changed the system.
                You can look at last years standby spots vs applicants numbers online. Some places it's almost a shoo in. Others it's a one 10 chance
                This...the standby spots aren't as prevalent as before. It also depends on what hunts. Ones like Brazos Bend have a ton of people show up for standby due to the close proximity to Houston. It's easy for someone to take the day off and drive an hour for the chance, unlike trying to go on standby 4+ hours away.

Comment

Ok thanks... yeah I hear ya most of the hunting I would be like a 4 or 5 + hour drive for me

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

Comment

Very excite. Not sure if I will have any time this year between NM bear and Elk but I'm anxious to see what's up for offer.

Does anyone know of you lose your preference points if you don't apply in a category every year?

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                      Very excite. Not sure if I will have any time this year between NM bear and Elk but I'm anxious to see what's up for offer.

Does anyone know of you lose your preference points if you don't apply in a category every year?
                      The only way to lose your points is to get drawn.

Comment

Originally posted by setx View Post
                        Ok thanks... yeah I hear ya most of the hunting I would be like a 4 or 5 + hour drive for me

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk
                        I think the hunts are during the week too, which sucks. The guy that taught me to bow hunt has been on almost all the hunts. As others have said, in the past the standby worked better. He quit when the system went online. Evidently, when it was mail-in, it was very probable to get on hunts.

Comment

Originally posted by niceg3s View Post
                          I think the hunts are during the week too, which sucks.
                          It sucks for a lot of people, but this is one of the few perks of working shift work that I enjoy. Nearly everything (parties & events) is held on weekends, causing us to miss out.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                            The only way to lose your points is to get drawn.
                            Thanks!

Comment

Anyone on here hunted Grainger before?

Thinking about putting in this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X