No announcement yet.

DIY Bass Lake....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This looks so awesome. Wish I had money to buy some property and do this!

Comment

This is gonna sweet.

Comment

Thanks Dale. Once we get this duck killing out of our system it will be time for fishing season to start again.

Haven't been out there in a while, but don't think the Tilapia made it. They were sucking air and moving slow right after Christmas. Needless to say the heat lamps are much better at keeping a mediocre lunch warm than they are at keeping fish alive.

There is some hope because the well water exits out under the dock and there is a bunch of structure stuffed under there, but the hope is slim.

The kids should start hitting the bluegill pretty hard this year and we're hoping the bass will have made good progress.

Comment

this is very cool! not sure how I missed it until now but I am glad I found it. THanks for all the pictures

Comment

This is a very cool thread. Great job on documenting it all.

Comment

Awesome

Comment

any update on how the project is coming along?

Comment

Any updates on how ridiculous the duck hunting was on this pond this past winter?

Comment

Nice work

Comment

Originally posted by jkelbe View Post
                      any update on how the project is coming along?
                      Fished there a couple weekends ago and the lake is coming on strong. Tilapia did not make it, but the bluegill are huge and the bass are growing nicely. Didn't snap any pics, but the kids enjoyed dodging sticks while they tubed.

Originally posted by knighttime View Post
                      Any updates on how ridiculous the duck hunting was on this pond this past winter?
                      We didn't kill a single duck from this one. In full disclosure we never hunted it. It held a few, but not as many as we thought it would. The slough a few hundred yards north of there was pretty good this year.

Originally posted by bfree View Post
                      Nice work
                      Thanks for following along

Comment

Cool deal man. Seems like a great place to relax and enjoy.

Comment

Sweet lake!

Comment

How is the lake doing??? Send us some more pictures!

Comment

Originally posted by deer farmer View Post
                              It looks like a great place, and u documented it well. And for the guys looking to build a pond, go to pond boss forum, lots of pond knowledge before u start. Me, I went with the Camalot Bell bass, Coppernose blugill, Red ears and Hybred strippers. In 4 yrs I should have 8lb bass and 8lb stripers. With possible 15lb bass in 10yrs. Look it up, lots of info on how to get it done in Texas.
                              When did y'all stock your Camalots? We stocked 1000 last June and excited to see what they have done in a year!!! We didnt put any other bass in the lake.

Comment

This is awesome. Please keep the updates going! Sure makes a long day at the office a little better.

Comment

Working...
                                X