Tillerson sacked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shane View Post
    Tillerson was way to Arab-friendly for my taste. Can't say I'm sad to see him go.
    Yep. They all have oil running through their veins.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
      Ranch owner, hunter, oil man, Texan guess he was not going to be a YES man for anyone..........or calling your boss a moron can make for a shaky relationship!
      Not surprised, makes about 40 administration fired or resigned, don't feel sorry for Tillerson Exxon was paying him 21 million per year.

Who's next Gen. H. R. McMaster or Jeff Session
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by stykshooter View Post
        Not surprised, makes about 40 administration fired or resigned, don't feel sorry for Tillerson Exxon was paying him 21 million per year.

It's a double edged sword...hard to get any sort of traction or cohesion as an administration when your turnover is 4X higher than your average Wal-Mart

Comment

I'am with you Charlie...... "nail meet hammer", as he works at the pleasure of the president. I am just replaying how this was the PERFECT person for this role less than a year ago........and I agreed after listening to folks here that follow that industry. Basically based on getting back to drilling our own energy! Now it ain't a big deal? Gotta be more to the story, right? Maybe not.
          Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
          It's a double edged sword...hard to get any sort of traction or cohesion as an administration when your turnover is 4X higher than your average Wal-Mart
          It is definitely high......with 21 of those being very high ranking. I think FOX noted that Reagan was second highest with 17......TOTAL! Bottom line, this is NOT usual or common when it comes to TOP aide turnover rate. No way to put lipstick on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
            Just like any other position. Folks come and go.
            Thus many at this high level?
            At this rate?

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
              Seemed like he was part of the resist movement from day one.
              Yep ^^^^^^.

And the list of leak'ers has just made available to Trump.

Comment

Yes, we should follow the example of the past few admins. Obama was a great President. So was Bush, lets keep status quo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I believe old Rex hired a guy who helped orchestrate the Iran nuclear deal with the Obama Administration. That guy should have been nowhere near this administration.

Comment

We (a lot of U.S. citizens) voted for a non politician, why would it surprise anyone that he did things that weren't politically "acceptable"?

Comment

I like it!

Zero-tolerance in Trump's administration for self-servers or those who don't drain the swamp fast enough.

Looking at you, Jeff Sessions.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                        Yep ^^^^^^.

And the list of leak'ers has just made available to Trump.
                        This may be the reason Trump fired him by a text. That's a move not done on a whim. He's sending a message.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                          Yes, we should follow the example of the past few admins. Obama was a great President. So was Bush, lets keep status quo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Maybe they were just better at picking guys who did what they wanted. Problem is, it's hard to figure out what Trump wants from week to week on just about any topic that isn't taxes, tariffs, or the wall. For instance, take this quote from Trump on Oct. 1, 2017:

“I told Rex Tillerson, our wonderful Secretary of State, that he is wasting his time trying to negotiate with Little Rocket Man".

And now Trump is going to personally meet with Kim? Yeah, that's like your boss telling you that your idea is idiotic, taking credit for it a week later, and firing you the following week. I sure wouldn't want to be Secretary of State, not that Tillerson was any good at it. Hell, the US hasn't had a good Secretary of State since...George Shultz.
                          Last edited by sir shovelhands; 03-13-2018, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stykshooter View Post

McMaster. I'd bet a bill on it.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
                              Maybe they were just better at picking guys who did what they wanted. Problem is, it's hard to figure out what Trump wants from week to week on just about any topic that isn't taxes, tariffs, or the wall. For instance, take this quote from Trump on Oct. 1, 2017:

“I told Rex Tillerson, our wonderful Secretary of State, that he is wasting his time trying to negotiate with Little Rocket Man".

And now Trump is going to personally meet with Kim? Yeah, that's like your boss telling you that your idea is idiotic, taking credit for it a week later, and firing you the following week. I sure wouldn't want to be Secretary of State, not that Tillerson was any good at it. Hell, the US hasn't had a good Secretary of State since...George Shultz.
                              Trump didn't approach NK. NK is the one who blinked. Not a good example.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                                Trump didn't approach NK. NK is the one who blinked. Not a good example.
                                Blinking? I'd say baiting. In my opinion, Trump agreeing to meet with Kim is a win-win-win for NK and a lose-lose-win for Trump.

I'd say there three possible outcomes of negotiations:

1: If no agreement happens, then it makes Kim look powerful at home and abroad (in his mind), because he met as an equal with the leader of the most powerful country in the world. Whereas Trump will be embarrassed for having wasted his time.

2: If something does come out of it, Kim will get the same benefits as before, but also a deal where he gets sanctions lifted, while probably still trying to move their nuke program forward in secret as they've done before. Then we're back to square one, and Trump looks even worse than the no-agreement situation.

3: A miracles happens and Trump bullies them into legitimately giving up their nukes, Trump looks like a genius diplomat and cements his legacy. Kim still looks powerful, stays in power, and gets sanctions lifted. That'd be great, but I think it the least likely scenario given NK's history of honoring deals.

I agree with Trump's first take on the matter, negotiating with Kim is a waste of time. Just like it has been for the last 33 years.

Secret option 4: Trump assassinates Kim and everyone wins...except for Kim.

Comment

Working...
                                X