Time Change/Feed Change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
    I was simply encouraging a new member and letting him know that not all of us are “smart” *****e$. At least not all the time.
    Well, in all fairness, there are a lot more dumb***** than smart***** around Livingston.

Comment

I leave mine the same

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
        Well, in all fairness, there are a lot more dumb***** than smart***** around Livingston.
        Now that’s a fact !

Comment

I feed free choice and don't worry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by doright View Post
            I feed free choice and don't worry about it.
            Mine is free choice as well. I spin and they have free choice to eat it or not...

Comment

I forgot to change my feeder times last weekend. All my deer where an hour off.

Comment

Originally posted by Kjones05 View Post
                I’ve seen to struck some kind of nerve with the “veteran hunters” and “veteran members” of this site.

I came to this site mainly because I shot archery tournaments as a kid and did some hunting growing up. It’s not until now that I have the opportunity to hunt, out side of a buddy of mines place once every couple years for a doe, to have my own place and set up.

So as I sat here with my 5yo son, on his first hunt and watched the coons come out, the question was brought to mind.

Maybe it was a rookie or even a dumb question but relax on the sarcasm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Don't take it personal.

There is no need to change the feeder time. Here is an example why.

You go to your place and set up a new feeder that you set to go off one hour before dark.

March 11 rolls around and we go to daylight savings time. Your watch springs forward, nothing else does. The feeder is still going off one hour before sunset just like it did the day before.

Think about it like this. Say a farmer wakes up every morning when his rooster crows at sunrise. Rooster sees the sun, crows, farmer wakes up. Daylight savings hits. Does anything change? No. Sun comes up like it did the day before, rooster crows, farmer gets up. Same goes for your feeder. It spins and hour before sunset no matter what time it is.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  I forgot to change my feeder times last weekend. All my deer where an hour off.

Same.....plus my deer jump in and just stare at the cottonseed pile until the corn spins too. I got em trained good.

Comment

This

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                    I change mine.
                    Why? It keeps it simple for me
                    This

Comment

Working...
                    X