New Year Workout Accountability 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
    Back in, I went from 12% body fat back up to 17% since Harvey. Had a cancer removed on the 2nd and they had to repair my nose with a skin graft. Should be cleared in about a week. My wife is already in Ketosis so I should be back on track in no time.

Endeavor to persevere.

Good to hear it all worked out well for ya. I’m doing Keto as well. I really enjoy that style of eating.

Comment

Nice ride with no heel pain. This ol mountain bike is a little harder to move than a road bike.

Comment

Shoulders consisted of:

D.B. press SS w/ D.B. shrugs
        Cable side raises SS/ bar front raises
        Cable shrugs SS w/ Cable face pulls
        Smith Mch Military press
        Smith Mch Rows
        Aronold Presses
        Mch Shoulder Press
        Shoulder Flys

All were 4x12, 3x8, or Pyrimided

Short AB circuit

1.5 mile jog

Tomorrow is suppose to be Legs but hammy’s are still tender so probably chest and tris in the AM

Comment

Day #1 for the year. Upper body workout:

Warm up 3 minutes: Jog in place, jumping jacks, wide push-ups, high knees, simulated jump rope. (Make up your own warm ups in this program)

Spiderman crawl push-ups.
          3 sets of 10 forward then 10 back.

Alternating neutral grip DB bench press.
          3 sets of 10.

Alternating rotation DB shoulder press.
          3 sets of 12.

DB shoulder L raises.
          3 sets of 12.

Alternating wood chopper pushdowns with resistance bands.
          3 sets of 12.

Tubing external rotation with resistance bands..
          3 sets of 15.

60 second rest between sets.

Not familiar with the names/motions of some of these workouts, may be names/motions he's coined.

Cool down stretches 2 minutes.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by topshot View Post
            I'm in on this one - I'm in my 30s and a bit overweight 5'9" appx #185, but the real issue is lack of agility, limberness, easily winded and joint pains when I do exercise. I've sat behind a desk for 9 hours a day for the past 12 years and it has not done me well.

I joined a men's soccer league this past fall and made it to 1 practice and 1 game, where I pushed so hard that my knees hurt for 4 weeks, as in I could barely walk and definitely couldn't run.

I bought a treadmill on impulse yesterday, mostly because it has the ability to link the video to iPad and you can walk/jog anywhere in the world with a trainer. basically, someone went on a hike/run/walk in remote trails on beach/jungle/Paris/mountains etc and were followed with a video camera, you essentially watch the video and it goes at your pace through the trail.

I'll be a world traveler and lose weight in my own home

wife and i are doing it together! will post my official weight on the scale later tonight.
            I've spent the better part of the past 4 days clearing out the boxes from the spare room (which has been holding place to furniture and boxes since our move a few months ago, the house is in renovation phase) and installed 5.5" baseboards.

treadmill came in yesterday and its now in the room, unboxed - but not assembled. tomorrow i should have it up and ready for a test run.

my official weight as of tonight is: 184.8

Comment

Originally posted by topshot View Post
              I've spent the better part of the past 4 days clearing out the boxes from the spare room (which has been holding place to furniture and boxes since our move a few months ago, the house is in renovation phase) and installed 5.5" baseboards.

treadmill came in yesterday and its now in the room, unboxed - but not assembled. tomorrow i should have it up and ready for a test run.

my official weight as of tonight is: 184.8
              Stay motivated brother. 25 years of working odd shifts, extra jobs and eating on the run in my law enforcement career has made me 50 lbs over weight. The older you get, the harder it is to take off.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                Stay motivated brother. 25 years of working odd shifts, extra jobs and eating on the run in my law enforcement career has made me 50 lbs over weight. The older you get, the harder it is to take off.
                Thanks Chew - nice ride this morning, congrats!

Comment

Replacement shake for dinner

Ate like a dang bird today

Comment

Where are you guys that have workout plans getting them from? Are y’all making them up or finding them. I’ve been working out consistently for the past year and have my own regime that’s worked but the same workout is starting to get boring and I can tell my body is getting used to it.
                    Hit the gym yesterday morning for cardio and legs. Much less busy than the crazy afternoon rush. Also walked about 3 miles stalking pigs last night so got some extra miles in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by plentl65 View Post
                      Where are you guys that have workout plans getting them from? Are y’all making them up or finding them. I’ve been working out consistently for the past year and have my own regime that’s worked but the same workout is starting to get boring and I can tell my body is getting used to it.
                      Hit the gym yesterday morning for cardio and legs. Much less busy than the crazy afternoon rush. Also walked about 3 miles stalking pigs last night so got some extra miles in.

Jump around on some websites and make my own.

About time to make a change though so will search again and throw something together.

Hit the snooze a couple times so arrived at the gym 15 mins later than I wanted but knocked out chest and tris.

Quick warmup of Jump rope, high knees, jumping jacks

Barbell Bench (pyramided) SS w/ cable ext (high reps)
                      Incline bench (pyramided) SS w/ overhead cable ext
                      Cable flys SS w/ cable kickbacks
                      Smith decline w/ overhead DB ext
                      Mch Flys SS w/ Mch triceps dips
                      DB Bench (high reps) SS/ body dips
                      Push ups SS w/ standing side cable kickbacks (not sure what the exercise is honestly)

1 mile at 8:30 to finish

Comment

Good day today, but I'm gonna feel it later! Bi's, tri's legs and abs.

Barbell curl/weighted dips/incline leg raise
                        Hammer curl/overhead rope extension/hanging leg raise
                        Incline dumbbell curl/weighted crunches/seated incline leg press/calf raise

I needed to get some more arm work in, but had to be at work early. Gonna miss tomorrow too.

Comment

Originally posted by plentl65 View Post

Different websites and YouTube channels like Mark Bells Supertraining06 and Brian Alsruhe.

Comment

I've had a handful of training days in 2018 so far. Signed up for my first triathlon (Sprint) just before Christmas. Takes place in March. All fun and games except I have no pool. Had a rest day yesterday but worked apnea. Day before was chest work and bike. Today should be LSD run.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
                              Different websites and YouTube channels like Mark Bells Supertraining06 and Brian Alsruhe.
                              Bodybuilding.com and MuscleandFitness.com are pretty good sites as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                                Bodybuilding.com and MuscleandFitness.com are pretty good sites as well.
                                Yes sir, plus a lot of years of lifting.

Comment

Working...
                                X