No announcement yet.

Safety toe boot recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks like Redwing and Thorogoods are the Top listed, should narrow it down for ya.

Comment

I am no help, but perhaps you could ask Pushbutton2.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
        If you’re not doing the labor, and mostly walking doing inspections and such then Twisted X Mocs are the way to go. I wear them for labor too on occasion, and have ran a lot of pipe in the ground on a drilling/Workover rig with them. I bought them cause I’m mainly sales/account managing, and I spend more time driving and visiting with customers than I do actually working. On occasion I help out the field when they’re too busy to see straight though, and I love these shoes. By far the most comfortable I’ve found. If I did more actual labor I’d stick with a boot.[ATTACH]956360[/ATTACH]
        This is what I wear in a steel toe. Very comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by K. Lane View Post
          Thorogoods……………….you can thank me later
          x's 2

Comment

Safety toe boot recomendations

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
            If you’re not doing the labor, and mostly walking doing inspections and such then Twisted X Mocs are the way to go. I wear them for labor too on occasion, and have ran a lot of pipe in the ground on a drilling/Workover rig with them. I bought them cause I’m mainly sales/account managing, and I spend more time driving and visiting with customers than I do actually working. On occasion I help out the field when they’re too busy to see straight though, and I love these shoes. By far the most comfortable I’ve found. If I did more actual labor I’d stick with a boot.[ATTACH]956360[/ATTACH]

For the money, this has to be my vote if you’re not doing anything to rough they will hold up just fine and are super comfortable compared to others I have worn. One disclaimer do not sand blast in the though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Redback boots. By far the most comfortable boot I've ever tried. Low top with flex in ankle, and they stay water proof.

Comment

the ones that fit your feet the best and feel comfortable to you. doesn't matter how they fit any of our feet

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                  Redwings is my preferred boots.
                  me too. The most comfortable out there.

Comment

I have 11 months in a pair of the Twisted X Mocs, they were good up until a couple months ago, they are pretty broken down and my feet hurt by the end of the day. I am going to look into the Red Wing Moc, and the Thorogoods. I get 150$ annually for boots, so I like to get good pair even if they are 200-250$

thanks for all the input!!!! I will let you guys know which way I go.

Comment

Irish Setters and Redwings...

Comment

If you are allowed to wear these, they are the most comfortable I've ever worn. They breathe so well, I can literally feel the breeze on my feet. Gotta let the dogs breathe!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                          I am no help, but perhaps you could ask Pushbutton2.

Well since you asked.
                          I wear Brahama or Interceptor steel toe boots.

Why? Less than $50/pair. I spend a fair amount sitting cross-legged on concrete working on semi trailer wheel ends, on my hands and knees crawling under them and on my back under them. I usually wear the side and the toe of out before to long. I tried leather uppers. I didn't see them lasting any longer. Plus they was $80.00

I was wearing Brahamas I found on sale @ Wal Mart when this happened.

Dropped a semi trailer door on my left foot. It hit behind the steel toe. Some say that was a blessing. It could have bent the steel toe down. Causing more significant damage than just broken bones.

I started a thread about it. Foot Dr needed is the title.

So to sum it up.
                          Wear steel toes that you find the most comfortable, are in your price range and hope if you drop something on your toes it hits the tip of them.

I followed a squirrel.

Here's an article about Steel Toe Ratings.

workersland.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, workersland.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

So if my boots was highest rated they'd resist and impact of 75 pounds dropped form 18".
                          So a 200 - 300 pound dropped from 4'...
                          Last edited by Pushbutton2; 06-04-2019, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Not John Deere or Ariat...they both suk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I avoid steel toes. I am a diesel mechanic and we do not require them. I think they destroy your feet, knees, and legs in the long run. I am old school. You learn from your mistakes or from others mistakes. I wore steel toes for a long time and it got to were I could barely walk at the end of the day. I tried several different pairs. I now wear Lem's leather dress shoe and my feet feel 10 times better. You just have to be aware of your surroundings. Another mechanic is wearing them now too. He did have a 2" socket fall on his foot today, but he walked it off. Someone else knocked the socket off the table. If you start depending on "safety equipment" to protect you, you start getting lazy about paying attention to the details. I am sure I am probably unique in my opinion though. Competence matters more than safety gear, and my physical well being matters more than OSHA and MSHA's opinions. Being safe is a mindset and less and less people are using their heads these days.

Comment

I am literally at another mechanic's shop right now and the lead mechanic has tennis shoes on. He said he refuses to go to any place that requires steel toes.

Comment

Working...
                                X