Double l ranch and pops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double l ranch and pops

The otis clan descended on the double l ranch this weekend for an overdue get together and some hunting. I had called pops last month to set up the trip and had told him that myself the wife and the three boys were comming down. Of the five of us me and the oldest boy love to bowhunt, the wife bowhunts in nice weather and the other two boys were hunting for thier first time. The youngest would be getting his bow the day we got there. To make things fair i said everyone has to qualify in accuracy to hunt with pops permission. All three of the boys are in college and getting everyone together at one time is tough. After greetings and hugs we all settled in for three hours of serious sighting in and lessons. Everyone qualifed and pops gave the ok for all to hunt pigs. At this point we gavs all the clan thier hunting nicknames. Otis for me.abby for the wife and hambone,booger red and possum for the boys. We all had matching hunting shirts with our hunting names on them. On sat. Eve. My hunting partner possum took a 120 pound boar with a clean lung shot. Not 30 minutes later we hear booger red has taken another boar slightly smaller than possums. At nights end we had 2 hogs down and we settled in for some football action(u.t. At neb.) at pops camp house. Next morn. We are in our stands when hambone calls in and says he shot a big one and 5 minutes later abby calls in and has shot one herself. Hambone is so excited i am afraid he is going to walk right out of the stand without the ladder and abby says she is bloodtrailing by herself. Pops is flying in three directions at on time in his polaris. We recovered 3 out of 4 hogs and hambone was broken hearted but felt better after understanding he would not have to clean a pig. I cannot say enough about the way double l ranch is run. It is family oriented and the accomidations are great. We took video of the whole thing and we are still laughing. Pop,gary,janie and robbie are the best. We are looking forward to the clan gathering next year.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DAISYBELL; 12-06-2009, 08:28 PM.

That's what it's all about!

Comment

Sounds like the Family had a blast. Congrats!

Comment

congrats

Comment

You couldn't have picked a better ranch for your get-together. The Lassman's are as good as gold.

Congrats on the success. Hopefully the new bow hunters are hooked.

Comment

Thats awesome, congratulations on the kills and the family time!!!!

Comment

What a great lifetime memory created!

Comment

those are the best kinds of hunts.

Comment

Congrats on a good time and family get together! Pops and family are great people. I'll be down there in a month for my third time hunting with Pops and the gang.

Comment

Way to spend some family time. That is what it's all about!

Comment

Mrs. Goodwin! By far one of my favorite elementary school teachers...
                      Congrats to all on an awesome hunt.

Comment

Congrats on the pork!

Comment

very nice, congrats to all

Comment

That Sounds like a great weekend! Congratulations to all.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the kind words and merry christmas

Comment

Working...
                              X